Quick update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Johno
    Participant

Hi,
    I am currently waiting in St Richards, Chichester to be discharged. I had an electric tilt and lift chair and a hospital bed delivered to my home last night so just waiting for the meds to be delivered and then home! The pain is definetly improved, many due to the radiotherapy I guess.

Lovely place here will still be nice to get home though.

Just a question with the electric tilt, recline and lift chair, I have rented one at aprox £25 a week. Does anyone know a cheaper place or is it worth buying? I have seen some really good, brand new ones on EBay. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks John x

John O'Sullivan
    Sent from my IPad

eve
    Participant

Hi John

I would say its worth buying,Slim does not have one,and has been managing with the settee recliner,which is well used as often is more comfortable than sleeping in bed.
    I have tried to persuade him to think about a hospital bed,but says he is not ready for that yet.
    Ido think you might pick up a bargain,if you are prepared to have a second hand one,worth looking round.

My attitude anything that makes life easier and more comfortable. Eve

Johno
    Participant

Just to add to that because that was actually yesterday evenings update as I messed up!

I am actually at home now and VERY much better. Decent hospital bed, tilt and rise chair, the lot really.

Just another thing I haven't been able to get my socks on by myself for months so I bought an Easy On Sock Aid, brilliant! Well worth the money. I bought direct from their website, cheaper than Amazon or EBay. Costs about £34 but I think worth it.
    John x

Johno
    Participant

Eve

The bed is brilliant, brand new, delivered and erected, all free of charge. Doesn't even look like an hospital bed. If I can work out a way to put a photo on I will. I totally agree anything that can make for an easier or more comfortable life I'm all for!

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian was given a rise and tilt chair from occupational therapist and also hospital bed Comode etc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick update’ is closed to new replies.