Radiotherapy

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah thenkyou for your good wishes The pain isnt like the rest of my bone pain its like a really awful toothache in my back ( if that makes any sense!) so I am now taking quite a lot more severadol as well as the mst morphine They told me today not to expect any major relief for several weeks so I will just have to be patient The rt was fine apart from being half naked in a very chilly room , apparently the machines have to be kept cool , never knew you could get so many goosebumps , still thats only a minor discomfort and well worth it as long as it works love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Am Pleased your R/T went well, Elaine had 25 sessions of it every day cept w ends and b holls, Elaine did well on it and it only happend towards the end of treatment when she was getting ? burnt (ish) but they gave Elaine Cream to put on.
    Ps Elaine (my young bride) had the R/T for breast Cancer in 2005 🙁

Thats why we are an "Onwards and Upwards" Family 😎

Good Luck with the rest of the R/T

Love Tom and Elaine "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone well thats my radiotherapy finished !! I have been zapped for five days and it was only on the third that I found a button-through dress to spare my dignity !! As some of you warned I am exhausted , this morning was the hardest I just sat still for hours when I should have been getting ready , so tomorrow morning is a pj one !!In a couple of weeks I start on Revlimid plus dex— Grrrr! Also my doctors are going to discuss my case with the surgeon so surgery may still be an option I realised I must be a real pain for my doctors as the poor woman apologised not only for me having to have dex but also felt she should justify the need for another biopsy ( to look for genetic markers to tailor my treatment no less!!) Well I really must try not to moan as much , but then again it is fun sometimes love to you all Bridget x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Jo lovely to see you at last !!! Doesnt it feel great when you conquer technology? Dont worry about the moon face it irons out the wrinkles !! love Bridget x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Briget

Has the rt helped the your pain? As you are posting late at night I wonder if you have pain, i do hope it is improving. Seems as though you are having good care from your team.

with love from sarah

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Bridget – so glad you have finished all your RT and hope you will feel the benefits sooner rather than later. You must be exhausted going up to London 5 days although at least you are in a car which helps. I have to go up by train and taxi to Barts so anything like transfusions and RT I always have at my local hospital which saves the journey.

Sleep as much as you need and moan as much as you need. What the heck! I had the local consulant radiologist phone me at 7pm yesterday evening to check I was ok and to assure me he could help me. I was very pleased. Anyway Bridget wishing you all you wish yourself and hope the treatment starts to work soon. Then onwards and upwards with the Revlimid AND rexy dexy!
    Love, Gaye xx

tom
    Participant

Well Done that Bridget 😀

As the saying goes "Thats the way to do it"
    Now I hear you say "Time to sleep" well do it when you want and for as long as you want8-)

Sounds like you do have a good team, good luck with the Rev and Dex :-S
    I know you will cope with that also, need to cuss and shout well feel free Bridget.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxxx

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Glad to hear that you have finished your radiotherapy. I hope it starts to help with the pain soon.
    I have started to reduce my morphine down now, but still have no improvement in the numbness in my leg 🙁 I am really hoping its not permanent.
    Good luck with the revlimid and hope the dex isn't too bad!

Love Sharon x

Min
    Participant

Hi Bridget,
    Now that the RT is over you can either relax and recharge your batteries or have a party. If it were me I would be relaxing.
    Hope its not too long before the effects of all your travels and traumas take effect and your pain free.
    Peter RT was effective after about 4-5 weeks but everyone is different so may be sooner for you. Meanwhile Just relax and chill out now the journeys to RT have finished.
    Min

brocho
    Participant

Thank you everyone your support makes everything more bearable. The pain hasnt gone yet but I have had a few hours respite over the last 3 days. I wasnt expecting an instant cure so I am not disappointed Gaye your journey to Barts must be exhausting I could have Zometa at my local hospital bit to be honest its been a long while since I had any treatment there and I havent got complete faith they are up to speed with my stage of mm. Sharon I hope that numbness goes soon it must be very worrying , hopefully its a case of your nerve endings needing time to settle Are you able to drive again? Not being able to drive is one of my fears as losing my independance would be very hard to take . Jeff drives my car to London and I do get a bit twitchy sometimes ( not as bad as the girl in the Yaris ad though!! Haha at least I dont think I am). I would be lost without him really love to you all Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hope you are feeling better bit by bit. I remember Stephen being told that the RT would not help the pain much to start with and did take a while for it to diminish.
    love gill xxx

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Unfortunately I am still not able to drive! Its a nightmare! I am having to rely on my parents and husband to ferry me about. Either that or I have taken to walking everywhere I can, but that means my swollen leg is not getting better!!!! I can't drive unless the numbness goes or I buy an automatic car!! As I bought an new car last October thats quite frustrating! Anyway, think I've ranted enough! On the positive side I have managed to reduce my regular dose of zomorph a bit!
    Hope you are all well

Onwards and upwards!

Love Sharon x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sharon you must be so frustrated I do hope your leg gets back to normal soon You have done well on oromorph I could only take it for a few days after my surgery as it made me fall asleep all the time , sometimes in mid-sentence! Just a thought have you applied for DLA? You would certainly be entitled with your mobility so compromised and if your leg was taking a long time getting better you would be eligible for a motability car with the higher rate mobility componentForgive me if you are already aware of all this Your post reminded me of how I felt after my back reconstruction As I have always loved fashionable shoes my daughter bought me a beautiful pair of red high heels which were on my bed when I came back from surgery and when I got home I used to wear them whilst sitting down !!Unfortunately my days of high heels are over now but I still have those lucky ones Keep on keeping on love Bridgetx

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Bridget

How are you is your treatment going well are you feeeling any relief.
    I had to giggle about the shoes at new years we went out I had a smart blue velvet dress so bought a pair of really nice silk blue shoes with two inch heels felt the bee's knees then sciatica struck so I had to go to town and get a cheap pair of flattys £6.99 oh well thats life we had a nice evening.
    Lots of love Jo :-S

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Thank you for mentioning DLA, but I do already get it! My GP was very good after my allo, I've just had the renewal form and had hoped not to renew it before all this! Oh well, I feel more justified for renewing it now.
    I love your shoe story, I also have a passion for shoes! I am expected to wear some heels when I am bridesmaid (or matron of honour!) for my brother in June- I do hope my walking is better by then!
    Take care

Love Sharon x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Radiotherapy’ is closed to new replies.