Radiotherapy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Stephen has had extensive radiotherapy to his spine area and now has what appears to be quite angry, red burn marks on his back.

Has anyone else experiensed this?

His back was quite sore and the skin very rough. I have been rubbing the marks with body lotion and now the soreness and rough feel has gone although it still looks burnt I just wondered if others have had the same problem.

Gill

tom
    Participant

Morning you two 🙂

Well My young bride (Elaine ) had 25 sessions of RT and towards the end of it she started to burn so the Nurse gave her some cream for the burns its all good just ask for cream.

Have a great week end

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Gill
    I had radiotherapy to neck/spine area when first diagnosed,this came up looking like bad sunburn.Nursing staff did fore worn me and gave me some cream for it.It went fairly quickly but has left me with a brownish patch on my throat area (looks like a permanent tan!).
    take care paul

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gill,

I had extensive RT when I was first diagnosed with 'secondary bone cancer, primary unknown'.

I had seven days @ 2 hours per session to destroy a tumour + 2 vertebrae that had crumbled onto my spine and were threatening my spinal cord. It left an area of skin that looked (and felt) as if it had burnt. I still have it today and that is the way it will no doubt stay. :-0

Battle scars I'm afraid. 😉

I hope the radiotherapy has an immediate effect on Stephen… alleviating the pain and giving him some control over his movements. My thought are with you every night.:-)

Dai.

Vicki
    Participant

Hi gill,

Hope that the radiotherapy has helped Stephens back. Colin had only one large dose of radio at the beginning. They warned us about burns and gave us some cream that I had to rub in every day. The burn has gone but like outdoors Paul there is a patch of brown skin about 3cm x 3cm. Seemed to do the trick so is well worth the scar….

Vicki 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Radiotherapy’ is closed to new replies.