Rash?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hendaz68 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hendaz68
    Participant

Good morning Peeps

I’m into my 1st month of VTD everything going fine, apart from a rash that has appeared on my arms, body & legs it’s a bit like prickly heat. Would this be a reaction to my meds? Why has it taken over 3 weeks for this to develop? Or another thing I use Aveeno (sp) from the hospital could this be an allergic reaction? Just thought I would ask out there.
    I’m also going to call my team at the hospital today as well.

Thanks again.

Stay safe

Peter

lilib
    Participant

Hello, Peter,

My husband is the Myeloma patient, now been on the treatment for 5 months. Your post struck me because that is almost exactly what happened to him after three weeks of trouble-free regime. The rash spread very quickly all over his body, and I had no end of problems getting an appointment for someone to see him. Eventually he was told to stop all the medication, and come in for a review. It seems that the culprit was Thalidomide, so that might be the same for you. The good news is that there are different medications that do the same job as Thalidomide. Best wishes for your continuing treatment.

Lili

hendaz68
    Participant

Hi Lili

Thank you for replying much appreciated.
    How strange it happened about the same as me as well haha. I am still taking Thalidomide tablets. My doctor told me to stop taking a certain tablet (name I can’t remember)!the rash disappeared & has since put me on some more higher strength tablets.
    I will get back to you with the names as I’m clueless haha.
    Hope your husband is doing well.
    Take care the pair of you.
    Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.