Red Itchy Eyes Post SCT

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wendyduffield 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wendyduffield
    Participant

I have been suffering with red itchy eyes since my stem cell transplant at the beginning of September and sometimes an itchy face and neck. Was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and whether there is anything that might help.

Other than that (and the long lingering cold and oough which I just cant shake off) I am doing OK post SCT and told had a very good partial response. I decided to have the mini allo within 6 months of my auto SCT but have just found out that the potential donor is not a good enough match to go ahead with it so its back to Plan A which I hope is a long lasting remission.

Wendy

brocho
    Participant

Hi Wendy sorry I cant help with the itchy eyes Its great to hear you got a good result and are feeling well Heres to a very long remission!! Stay well love Bridget x

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Wendy…post SCT I did not have itchy eyes but had itchy neck and arms…used to drive me mad! I went to my GP and tried a range of creams to ease the problem Dermol,Doublebase,Fucidin and Hydrocortisone to name a few…also put moisturising lotion in my bath water…some worked better than others but I found than none of them took it away completely…and lo and behold woke up one day and hey presto the itchyness had gone….strange happenings post SCT 😀 ..stay safe…Phil

shirley
    Participant

Hi Wendy i can certainly sympathise with you there,i've had a sore left eye sinse Aug/Sept,mine is part of the GVHD,i've taken all sorts,but vistotears are great,takes the itchyness right down,i still have the bad eye but it is getting better,oh and lacralube is good too,hope you manage to get hold of some let us know how you get on take care for now best wishes Shirls x x x

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi All

thanks for your replies, yes me too I am hoping that I will wake up one day and wont be itchy anymore but in the meantime I will try your suggestions Shirley for my eyes. I think that they are dry more than anything as when I wake up in the morning, I can hardly open them! So hope the vistotears work.

Best Wishes

Wendy

Lorna
    Participant

Hi Wendy

This may be completely unrelated but after my hysterectomy my eyes became very itchy too. I know that Deb Gascoyne and Jet Black both mentioned post SCT menopause so possibly it could be that. Absolutely no help whatsoever I know. Wish I had an answer for you.

Lorna

TerryMG
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

I had the red itching around the neck when I had my SCT in March 2011. This carried on until August when it disappeared as I relapsed. During this time Kings did all sorts of tests as thought it was connected with some blood I was given. In hindsight I just think it was the itching that I found out later that others had also had. I did also have a little eye trouble as well but that wore off much more quickly than the itching. Hope this helps to reassure you. E 45 cream did help a bit. Best wishes?..Terry

(Failure is not an option!)

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi all

yes I think it could be menopausal Lorna or a bit of both as I know skin changes etc are common post menopause and itchiness does seem to be a comnmon occurrence post transplant. Its actually all getting a little better and my eyes arent quite as itchy or dry as they were.

Regards

Wendy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Red Itchy Eyes Post SCT’ is closed to new replies.