Remission

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TinaP
    Participant

Hi all,

Went to hospital yesterday to get the results of my latest bone marrow sample. Dr showed me a letter and it said "no trace of the disease found in the sample" 😀

I am taking part in the MyelomaX1 trial, and at the moment I am taking 5mg of Revlimid at night. I take them for 21days, then have a week off.I started off 10mg, but came out in an itchy rash all over!

The trial is to see if this drug will help to lengthen my remission. Is anyone else at this point in the MyelomaX1 trial?

Love
    Tina

2graham
    Participant

Tina
    Yes I am a fellow MyelomaXI trial it's now in remission. I was randomised onto a different maintenance treatment to yourself though. As well as 10mg dose of Revlimid I also get vorinostat too. 3 cycles so far and my only side effect is itchy skin but I have had this since the SCT last year so not sure what specifically causes it. The medics suggested antihistamines if it got worse but I just use my wife's body lotions,creams, emollients and bubble bath.
    Even MM has its positives!
    Graham

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina

Well done for yesterday great result 😀 except for the rash 😎
    Keep it going.

Love tom Onwards and Upwards xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Tina

You are just behind Slim,he was randermised for no treatment ,but we are ok with that,we go to hospital every 2 months ,just to check every thing is ok.

slims just had another BMB as his. Does not show in bloods or urine,so 6 months BMB just to check it,s ok, will have results in March. Eve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Remission’ is closed to new replies.