Sam has relapsed.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin
    Am pleased you get a smile from my posts and that makes me Happy ????and it's just common old nuts am afraid ????

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

nickinoo
    Participant

Hehe Tom made me laugh too.

Hope you had a good evening at your "do".

Nicki xx

tom
    Participant

Thanks Nicki 😀 and a laugh is good for us all at anytime.com 😎
    Enjoy the wet week end 🙂

Love Tom xxx

marija
    Participant

Hi wendy
    I'm am scouting around on this site with interest. I recently had CTD and stem cell harvesting and am debating whether to go ahead with transplant yet or not. I was interested as to what you said about FLC. on diagnosis my lambda flc were only 64, now after CTD they are 237 with PP less than 2. I wondered whether CTD caused the increase in my FLC, not sure if you would know this but also interesting what your Dr said about myeloma being active when FLC reached 600? The reason I am debating whether to have a SCT at the moment is because as happened to you remission could only be short and from what I have read there are lots of side effects after STC. I am currently feeling well with one bone lesion and no pain just tiredness.

Maria

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Maria,
    What would be the alternative to a transplant at your age? It is the gold standard treatment for younger patients and even though my remission lasted just 15 months there are others who get 5 or even 10 years and no way of telling whether you're one of then. Although I didn't have a long remission I recovered fairly quickly from what is an unpleasant but not a risky procedure and have been treatment free apart from Zometa for nearly 18 months which has been great. My debate is whether to have a second one, I don't regret having the first one. I don' t Know why your kappa light chains went up but it's good news that your PPs are low. You could always talk over your concerns with your consultant or support nurse?

Wendy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sam has relapsed.’ is closed to new replies.