SCT

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Kazzam2 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian is going for his SCT tomorrow. He was diagnosed in October 2012 and we have come through a lot since then, spinal compression being one of them and a bed sore which kept him in hospital for 10 months. We areboth feeling anxious but as he has had 3 treatments, we hope SCT will work and give him a decent remission .

It is our 7th wedding anniversary on 30th May and as he will be in hospital, we went back to the Roman Camp in Callander for a treat. It brought back happy memories of our special day.

Maureen

tonyf
    Participant

Ian, I hope that all goes well with your SCT. You ve certainly had a long wait for this moment, let’s hope that it gives you a long remission.
    I guess over the years you have read all about SCT, it isn’t a cake walk but you are a tough guy, going through all you have been through over the past few years.
    I wish you all the very best.
    Regards
    Tony F

ange
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian

Good luck,I hope all goes well for you. It’s not easy going through SCT but I found the fantastic staff and support from family and friends made it easier. It’s 11 weeks since my transplant and thankfully I am doing well.

Best wishes

Andrea xx

stanley-1960
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Ian is finally there for his SCT. I wish him a trouble free passage and the long remission were all after. My SCT is long gone in the memory already,August 2014. For me the focus was always a long drug free period. My thoughts and very best wishes to you both over the coming weeks.

Stanley

cygnet
    Participant

Hi

Thinking of you & hoping all goes well

Best wishes,

C x

janw
    Participant

That’s really good news. Ian has been through a long journey to reach SCT. I hope all goes well.
    Regards
    Jan

dickb
    Participant

I wish you both well. It’s not easy – for the partners as well as the patient but others have done it and there is no reason why you can’t. Just lots of TLC required afterwards and expect the odd hiccup.

Richard

Helen
    Participant

Hi Maureen
    Hope all goes well for Ian over the next few weeks, just keep smiling and try not to worry too much.
    You will need to look after yourself too, it’s a difficult treatment to watch.
    Love Helen

Harmony
    Participant

Hope all goes well and that you both keep strong and positive.x

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian is now nutropenic so hopefully he will not get any infections. He is a little tired and nauseous but otherwise doing well. He has lost 2 kilos but ate like a horse before he went into hospital so he needed to loose some weight. He has wi fi , kindle and ipod but still bored.
    Hopefully he will get out around day all being well.

Maureen

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian,
    I have not been on for a while, glad to hear Ian has had SCT at last.
    Your description of him takes me back, he just has to rest and eat when he can, but not panic at weight, I sent most food away first 10 days( approx), it will come back. I had a ‘mysterious infection’ which cleared when they removed my Hickman line.

I was in isolation, 30 miles from home, it was a bad winter, so I would only let family visit every 2 or 3 nights, ( very rural roads).
    I/we survived. Now it is just a distant memory, staff, room, ‘food’, cleaners etc brill, not hotel, but dread to think how much private would be.

Good luck Ian. Best wishes to you both.

Karen. 🐱

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SCT’ is closed to new replies.