SCT

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  janw 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

compass007
    Participant

Well SCT done and out in only 14 days…I feel very lucky, I had no real problems a few mouth ulcers and feeling very sick, However the boredom as i thought was my biggest problem, when you are told isolation thats exactly what they mean, even my food was served through a hatch, but like I said I feel very lucky that I got through it without any major problems, not sure whats next or when I will know if it has worked, but I am very grateful to all the staff at Heartlands Birmingham FIRST CLASS…. and a big thank-you to all on Myeloma UK who give me reassurance.

Thank-You

Les

janw
    Participant

Hi Les,

I’m so glad that your time in hospital went smoothly, if probably slowly due to your boredom. It’s such a good feeling when you come out of your isolation room and go home to your own house/bed.

You ask what comes next. You should have a follow up hospital appointment to see a doctor quite soon, which will monitor your latest blood results to check everything is OK with your platelet levels, neutrophils, iron, etc. Usually there is also a 100 day follow up appointment to see what has been happening to your myeloma levels following your sct.

All the best for a speedy recovery, but take things easy and rest when required.

Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘SCT’ is closed to new replies.