SCT at UCHL during covid

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lilib 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

picard
    Participant

Hi, I’m headed for SCT at UCHL very soon. I would love to make contact please with someone who has been through it there recently with all their covid restriction. Thanks. Surely you can’t pack a case for 4 weeks with everything you may need for example with know one allowed to visit?

lilib
    Participant

Hello there, Picard,

My husband will be going in for SCT in about 8 weeks time (UH Wales), and we have just been for a meeting with various clinicians to prepare for it. They produce a very comprehensive booklet which I have read cover to cover (the patient hasn’t, of course!) Certainly in UHW it seems that your supporting relative/friend is allowed to bring stuff in and collect stuff at a reception point outside of the ward. So if, for example, you want to wear your own clothes instead of hospital gowns, these must be changed at least once every day, but I am going to have to collect the laundry and bring it home.

There is also a list of items which are not allowed, but I’m sure you know what they are.

Hope this helps, and please come back and let me know how it goes – I would like to know about someone who is slightly ahead of us on the schedule.

All the best for a good outcome and hospital stay,

Lili x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.