SCT Colin

This topic contains 39 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Stuart 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

AndyS
    Participant

Hi Penny,
    Good luck with your STC. I hope it all goes well and you are spared infections and pop out at the other end very quickly on an upward slope to a long remission.
    If the good wishes of lots of folk have any meaning, then success is assured.
    Andy

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Helen

Thank you so much for your advice, Pete got the insurance , with the company you recommended, for a fifth of the price on all previous quotes.

So we are off to Menorca in 2 weeks time, cannot wait!!!

Thanks again Helen

Ann
    xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Ann and Pete,

Glad you got the insurance. Have a really great relaxing time, hope the sun, sand and sangria (I assume they have that on Menorca), will have the desired effect.:-)

We are in the waiting game now. Bone marrow biopsy yesterday……as usual sooooo painful. Still to coin a phrase, onwards and upwards.

Vicki and Colin x

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin
    My wife had her SCT in 2009 and I started a blog for her, mainly as a means of keeping her friends in France updated. If you want to take a look its at http://julesatthemarsden.blogspot.com and go to January 2009 for her daily progress. I hope it helps put your minds at ease…
    best wishes
    Stuart

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Stuart

Thank you very much. We will have a look at both. How is your wife doing now? Did she have many side effects afterwards?

Vicki and Colin x

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin
    my memory of side effects following her SCT was principally her tiredness, but I think they appear in more detail in the blog follwing on from Jan 09. She did relapse, but over two years ago commenced Rev and Dex, which after 4 months her PP level was undetectable, and there it has remained for a shade over two years now. She has been lucky (if that is the right word to use for anyone with MM!) that the side effects of Revlimid have, for her, been almost non existent… and so for the moment our lives have assumed a closeness to normality… whatever that is?
    best wishes
    stuart

Vicki
    Participant

Hi penny

Will try and work out your blog, but best wishes for tomorrow and onwards xxxx

Vicki and Colin

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Just wondered how you both were. Are you reading Penny's blog?

Our insurance company has refused to pay out for our cancelled holiday to Turkey.

They are saying that because Pete first went to the Doctors in December, then booked the holiday in January, he is not covered. When he first visited the Doctor in December, it was for rib pain, he was just given pain killers, that was it. He then returned in February because the pain had become unbearable, it was only then that the tests and investigations began.

So they are more or less saying that Pete should have known he had got Myeloma in December and should'nt have booked the holiday in January. He was'nt diagnosed with Myeloma until April!!!!

Pete is very angry and we are going to pursue this, whatever it takes. At the end of the day we got £1000.00 back from the Travel Agent because we cancelled 6 weeks out and so our claim is only £1400.00, peanuts to them, but alot to us!!! We have never claimed before and pay our travel insurance through our bank on a monthly basis – and this is what you get!!!

Oh well, sorry to moan, just needed to get it off my chest.

Again, I hope you both well

Keep in touch

Ann and Pete
    xx

Elizellen
    Participant

What a rotten trick for the insurers to play on you and Pete, Ann!

If you can get something in writing from the Surgery or hospital to prove that there was no inkling that he had MM when the booking was made, that might help. Do you have a MacMillan nurse/contact? Perhaps they have someone who can take up the cudgels on your behalf?

Eliz
    XX
    X

Vicki
    Participant

Hi ann and Peter

Sorry to hear about your travel insurance. They get you all ways with feeble reasons!. Poor Pete.

We bit the bullet and went to Cornwall for two days to so e friends, Colin did really well considering we had a little temperature visit to the hospital on tuesday last and he's on antibiotics now! Sorry to hear they are being tough with you guys but hope you can enjoy your upcoming abroad holiday.

All the best

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘SCT Colin’ is closed to new replies.