SCT completed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lynda 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear All

Henry has completed his SCT in Oxford. He is now back home after 4 weeks, which proved a rollercoaster of emotions and up and downs. He has come through it very well, was only sick a few times. However his line came out after 2 weeks due to an infection (his arms and hands look like a pin cushion now!) and he had a NG tube fitted as his throat was too sore to eat or swallow meds. His netrofils are coming up now and as expected he is tired but managing it well. He has lost a lot of weight but im sure will start to put it on soon. The staff at the Churchill Hospital were wonderful and bar 2 days I visited him everyday…. so it is lovely to have him home.

We just have to wait now and hope…..

ps the stems cells did give off the sweet corn smell I was warned of!! He was only given 2 bags and he has another 2 in storage.

love sarahxxx

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Always good to hear great news like that…Henry well done that man!!:-)
    Cheers paul

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

Tell Henry to take it slowly, to take it one-day-at-a-time, to take it easy… but to take it.8-)

Before you both know he will be up to speed… just in time for the Olympics.:-D

Dai.

BTW – his 2 bags now, 2 later deal keeps my genuine 'World Record' nice and safe. (14 Bags for 2.1 million cells). 🙂

Helen
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Good to hear Henry doing well, now lots of food and sleep and mending
    Love Helen

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah I am so pleased to hear Henry has done so well You must be relieved he got through it so quickly The hard bit is having patience now and learning to rest when your body tells you to Hope Henry gets a verry long remission love Bridget x

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi Sarah so pleased Henry is home. Patience is the key. Rest when his body tells him too. Eat when he wants. I found little and often was better. Wish you and Henry best wishes. Love kay x

tom
    Participant

Hi Sarah and Henry

A well done to you both, keep it up and Henry will soon be (near) back to his old self.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Lynda
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    What great news about Henry. So pleased he is home. 4 weeks is a long time away from home even if you see each other every day. Hope he will continue to improve and remission will be really, really long………….
    Please keep us posted on how he is doing. Pete my husband is due for SCT in next few months if his paraproteins come down enough.(Was on CDT but levels have stuck for last couple of months) so going on Velcade next week which will hopefully do the trick.
    Look after yourself too.
    Lyn xxxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SCT completed’ is closed to new replies.