SCT delayed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian’s SCT has been delayed as he either needs a tooth extracted or root treatment. It is a disappointment but better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully he will have the dental work done as soon as possible and then SCT?

Maureen

Carolsymons
    Participant

Beware of extractions if he has been on bisphosphonates

Carol

bandityoga
    Participant

Carol

Ian is going to the hospital dentist for treatment. His appointment is on Monday but don’t know yet if he is having an extraction.

Maureen x

ange
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Sorry to hear that Ian’s SCT is delayed. Hopefully the hospital dentist can sort out the dental work quickly. It must be worrying for you but as I keep telling myself – one day at a time!

Hope all goes well

Andrea xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Sorry to hear Ian’s SCT delayed. As you say though better safe than sorry. Colin and I have both had the flu and so his third cycle on bendamustine is delayed a week. Debatable abouth whether it’s working. Cycle 1 it went up from 7000 light chains to 10000 but not sure if it really went up as they had no measurement after the Velcade didn’t work! 2nd cycle light chains back down to 7000 so we shall see what the 3rd cycle brings!

Considering he has not been on treatment he’s very tired!
    All the best

Vicki and Colin

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Vicki

We will find out tomorrow what dental work will be done and hopefully it won’t be long until SCT. I get very anxious about the SCT but it is Ian’s best chance as there aren’t many treatments left. I pray that it works and he will get a good remission.

I hope that the treatment will work for Colin and you both feel better. Did you not get a flu jab?

Thinking of you both.

Maureen x

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian had a wisdom and back tooth extracted today at the hospital. He was given a course of antibiotics so hopefully there will be no complications. SCT will be another 4 to 6 weeks when thus gum has healed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SCT delayed’ is closed to new replies.