SCT next week

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Flee
    Participant

Hi all,
    This is my first time to post a message although I've been a regular reader on the forum. I'm 45 and was diagnosed with MM in January of this year. I started Chemo (VMP) at the end of april and continued for 4 cycles until the end of September, I've had my stem cell harvest four weeks ago and have just got news that my bed will be ready for my transplant next week.I'm happy that things are moving along but terrified at the same time, can't wait to be at the other side of this, in recovery and hopefully remission, roll on 2011, I've so much I want to do next year!

Fran

Mari
    Participant

Dear Fran,

Good luck for your SCT next week. You sound so positive I am sure you will come out well on the other side. I have not experienced one myself but only been with my husband as he went through it. I think everyone will agree that it is a tough thing to go through but very worthwhile. Steve is now 8 weeks post SCT and his blood levels are all in the normal ranges and his energy is increasing everyday. He is better now than he has been for over a year. He too was diagnosed in January 2010 and started chemo in February. We are putting 2010 behind us and looking forward to a new start in 2011. I am sure you have a great deal to look forward to in the next year. I wish you and your family well as you start out on your SCT and hope you will soon be feeling much better and look forward to 2011 as well,
    Love Mari xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Fran good luck for next week However difficult it is , and you may sail throgh without any problems, it is definitely worth it ! Your positive attitude shines out so I am sure that strength will get you through it Be careful not to overrdo tings once you get home , taking the time to recover is really important and it isnt that long in the scheme of things . Please let us know how you are doing if you feel up to it Best wishes Bridget

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi Fran!!

We are about in the same time frame as regards diagnosis, but I had my STC in August and am now at day 81!!

I wish you the best of experiences during your hospital stay and not too many of the nasty side-effects, if any at all.

Will you be able to get online while you are there? I found it really helped to pass the time during the few hours in the night that I managed to get a decent mobile network signal.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth

eleven11
    Participant

Hi Flee
    I was diagnosed with MM back in September and I am currently taking chemo tablets (among others) at home and responding well.
    I am sure everything will go ok with your SCT and that your remission will follow. Please let us know how you get on as my SCT is coming up shortly, I have my first meeting with my consultant next week.

All the best

Flee
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth,
    Yes I have my laptop and mobile internet all sorted for my hospital stay. I'm very interested to know how your feeling now after your transplant in August, how long did it take to get back on your feet?

Fran

brocho
    Participant

Hi Fran I hope you are doing ok As you may kow I knit as a hobby but I also knit hats that are just right for us are follicly challenged!! Please jist e-mail me your address if you would like one , cant promise exact colour but if you let me know your fav colour I will do my best love Bridget x

Nettie
    Participant

Hi Fran, from the date of your post I guess you are well on the way with your SCT. Hope all is going well – it will be worth it! Thinking of you, keep us posted when you can. Best wishes, Nettie x

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi Fran

I have been OK since coming out of hospital and am now down to a doctor's appointment every 2 weeks or so plus monthly bisophonate and pentamadine nebuliser sessions.

Though I did pick up a stinking cold a fortnight ago which is taking its time to go away and stops me getting out much at present as I don't want to pass on my cold to friends and family!!

Apart from that it is only the back pain from my deteriorated vertebrae that is stopping me get back to normal.

I am hoping for a kyphoplasty procedure in the near future which might let me stand and walk for more than a few minutes and get back to doing 'normal' things.

Hoping all is well with you
    Eliz
    XX
    X

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Fran, I also want to say I hope all is going ok with your SCT and that i'm thinking of you too.
    Love n hugs Lorraine x

Flee
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Im now at what they call day 0 in my transplant, I got my cells back today, which went very smoothly thankfully, I've been having a difficult time with nausea so they've sorted me out with a pump for continous feed of anti sickness and its working great.
    So its onwards and upwards now, will be waiting for the blood counts daily and hopefully wont have too many issues to deal with. will keep ye updated and thank you for your replies and good wishes.

Regards
    Fran

tom
    Participant

Hi Fran

Hope your doing OK now you must be getting closer to your counts being spot on,take it easy for the time being and you will soon be on top form again 😀

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Flee
    Participant

Hi Bridget,
    Just wanted to say your hat arrived and my husband brought it into the hospital for me, thank you so much, it fits perfectly and I love the colour, I've been showing it off to the nurses here and all are suitably impressed. I wear it with pride and it will be nice and warm when I get to leave here and venture out into the cold. Thanks again for your kindness
    Regards
    Fran

brocho
    Participant

Hi Fran thanks for letting me know and I am pleased you like it , Ilove that colour too .I hope you get home at the weekend , it sounds as if you have coped brilliantly Just remember to not overdo it when you get home it takes a while for your body to catch up!! love Bridget x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SCT next week’ is closed to new replies.