SCT progress update

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

tonyf
    Participant

Well done Scott, that's the worst part over and done with. Take it easy at home, don't get too over confident, just take it easy, it may be a slower than expected process, but you'll get there.
    Good luck and take it easy.
    Regards
    Tony F

scott9
    Participant

Hi Jo: I'm not on any medication for my kidneys. Didn't know there was any. Kings knew about my kidney problem and gave me a slightly reduced dose of the chemo then rested me for a day before the stem cells were transplanted. I was also on loads of drips as I couldn't drink very much. I'll be watching the creatinine readings closely hoping they don't go up too much. From what Rebecca has just said it may stay better or may creep up again. I'll keep trying to drink 3 litres a day.

Tony, Vicki and Colin: Thanks for the comments.

All the best

Scott

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Scott…worst part over with now just take it easy and let your body tell you what you can and can't do…really good news you are doing well…good luck in remission…stay safe …Phil

BADGER
    Participant

hi Scott
    were you sodium bicarb at on time I am on 1500 three times a day and a 5mgs pred kept me going for 5 years but struggling a bit now
    Keep well Jo x

scott9
    Participant

Oh yes Jo. I'm on 1800 four times a day as per the last three years. That doesn't help my kidneys though. Its because the kidneys don't produce enough sodium bicarb. so this keeps me going. What level are your kidneys at now?

Thanks loads for the good wishes Phil.

All the best

Scott

Charlotte
    Participant

Hi Tom,

So glad to hear you're doing so well. I hope you had a good break in Norfolk, and that your strength continues to return.

The same message, of course, to Scott – great to hear that your SCT went well. Here's to long, long remissions for us all.

All the best,
    Charlotte

Billy
    Participant

hello Scott
    i was 100 days post SCT this week so had to go and see my consultant ,I was feeling pretty good as i went to see him but when i left my appointment i was on top of the world as he told me i had achieved a complete remission with no trace of myloma .
    I was diagnosed with stage 3 myloma exactly one year ago this week ,it has been a hard year for me but i can now say hang in work at it and we can improve our lives ,good luck .

Regards Billy

Mothas
    Participant

>:-)

Yes nearly a monty and a half now 🙂

Mothas
    Participant

>:-)

Yes nearly a monty and a half now 🙂

scott9
    Participant

Thats great news for you Billy. I'm really really happy for you. Its good to see positive news. Hopefully in another couple of months I will be getting some good news as well.

I've had this for three years now. Its certainly no fun living with this disease but its great to see all the new drugs coming through the pipeline. Hopefully we can all keep going a lot longer than a few years ago when there were very few options to treat it.

Keep fighting.

Scott

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Scott

Glad to hear your are now in the "next" phase of recovery post SCT. Hopefully you will soon hear those words "full remission". Look after those kidneys! Hope you are drinking plenty …. bet you wish it could be something stronger than water!

Best wishes.

Mavis

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘SCT progress update’ is closed to new replies.