SCT progress update

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

scott9
    Participant

Ive been in Kings since 5 August. As recommended, I have taken one day at a time. Things got a bit unpleasant for a few days but not as bad as it could have been. My goodness they tell you all about what could happen and it does put a scare in you. Anyway I did have the usual sore mouth and throat. I did have some nausea and a lot of running to the loo  –  still!  I'm feeling a lot better now and I just have to wait for the immune system to get started again. Hopefully I will be out of here in the next day or so. I've watched about 20 hours of Game of Thrones ie the whole of series two and three so that kept me entertained. I'm on some films now. Some good and one I managed 5 minutes it was so puerile. Must be aimed at the US market!  A million thanks for all the support. It has kept me going.

I see from Tom's post he is still on the road to recovery 3 weeks after leaving hospital. That is very cheering news indeed.

All the best

Scott

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Scott
    sounds like you are getting stronger and hopefully out in a couple of days, glad you found something to pass the time, mine was the Killing series

Wendy

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Scott

Good to know that SCT has gone well and you are making good progress. You will soon be home and on the road to recovery. Hope you get a lot remission.

Maureen

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Scott

Well done, was wondering how you were doing, keep your chin up. On the home stretch now 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Scott

Good to hear from you and that you are on road to recovery. Well done – I know it's difficult but worth it in the end.

Take care
    Love Jean x

Mothas
    Participant

Scott great to hear from you. It gets better it really does.
    Once your bloods take an upward tick you're nearly there.

I've been out nearly a monty now and feel pretty good, my nausea has gone completely, I take around a half hour walk everyday and my bowels are completely normal. I still have a bit of a runny nose and cough but it's much better.

Tomorrow we're going to norfolk for a couple of days, really looking forward to it.

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Scott

this is good news I know it was unpleasant but at least you are on the mend now how did the kidneys stand up I do hope they came through with no ill effect
    Keep well love Jo xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Scott

Hope things are still going well with you.

Hi Jo

How are things with you? Are you tolerating the treatment any better now?

Love to you both.

Mavis x

Edward
    Participant

Great news Scott, glad to hear of all the progress you have been making. Are you home now? Hope so.

Kate and I just came back from our travels a few minutes ago. Looking forward to seeing you soon. This Friday? Maybe that is a bit to early, maybe the following week?

cheers mate
    Edward

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Scott, Great to hear you're OK – know you had the added worry of the kidneys – have they come out unscathed? Looks like I'm heading down this route but have been told they never know if kidneys will be effected but deem it worth the risk (tho' when you're just advising it's easier said then done!)Hope everything works out well for you, sounds as though you're on the up

Rebecca

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Scott.

It warms my heart to see you doing so well, especially from a 2nd SCT viewpoint. It puts the days of wine and Bendamustine into perspective and I hope you can fly solo, without any maintenance drugs to keep you afloat.8-)

Keep in touch and take things as easy as you can.:-)

Dai.

PS. Seeing as Thomas has 'been out nearly a monty now and feel pretty good' I can only hope that with a couple of fried cherries and a Satsuma Sunday or two under your belt you will fell the same.:-D 😉

scott9
    Participant

Hi Dai,

This was my first SCT. I didn't have it first time round as I was too worried about my kidneys. As I was running out of options I went for it this time. I finally got out of hospital on Friday afternoon. I'm feeling very weak and like everyone else need lots of sleep.

Jo/Rebecca: My creatinine readings for the past three years have been between 280 and 330 (about 20% function) so Kings kept a close eye on them. Actually my last reading when I left was at 250 do that's the best they have been for ages. Hopefully they will stay that way!

Thanks to everyone else for support. Off to sleep again now.

Scott

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Scott – that's fantastic news you must be so relieved. I was told, however, not to get too excited if creatnine levels improve initially as this can be because you have lost muscle during the hospital stay and if you are just laid about and not exercising the kidneys are not having to do as much work BUT I have read research that says many (can't remember % but it was good) attain a kidney improvement of 20% above what it was before SCT. Keep well

Rebecca

BADGER
    Participant

hi Scott
    so glad you are doing well and the kidneys are good would you mind if I ask you what medication you are on for your kidneys mine are struggling at the moment I thought velcade was supposed to help but I hasn't helped mine
    or it could be the cyclophosphamide don't know
    keep well
    love jo xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Scott,
    So pleased you got through it and now home. It's a slow haul but hey you've got the time to do it now, you've battled through to this stage so take your time and take each day one at a time. Drink plenty of fluid and keep positive x

Vicki and Colin xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘SCT progress update’ is closed to new replies.