Second SCT underway at last

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Mari and Steve

Well I for one knows what your Steve is going through and am sure my young bride Elaine knows what you are going through, the struggle to eat was a worry to Elaine but for me I just didn't care if I ate or not 🙁 But in the end I have ate wayyy too much now am up and running and I know that Steve will be getting to that point pretty soon.

Love to you Both

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Mari
    Participant

Morning all, should be working, but skiving on the computer so a v quick one.

Bad day yesterday, high temp, 39 +, low BP, dont really get that, maybe dehydrated but 103/ 59 sounds v low to me, anyone medical can explain this one? Still got the rash but I thought it looked a touch less angry last night, hard to say. But worst of all the dreaded diarrhoea. He wont eat because it will go straight through. My poor love is going through the mill but doing it so bravely, he just keeps thanking me for being there beside him, as if I would be anywhere else! He is 'Stable' today which means still the same. He is getting excellent nursing and medical care in Kings, those nurses really are angels. I know he is in the best place,

More good news soon I hope,

Love to all, Mari xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Mari

Poor Steve is having a rough ride. I hope things start to improve soon. It must be awful for you watching him go through this. Try and keep your spirits up. Will be thinking of you both
    Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Mari

Well av done that stage also he he it aint good ? but trust me you can get a few laughs out of it when Steve is better, Pleased the rash is calmer (thats a bugger) Steve if like me will get to the stage where he wont care if he gets anyone to visit as he (I did) will sleep most of the time.

Tell Steve to try and eat a little bit as he will need it and the sheats will clean :-/ they have seen it all before or so I was told.

Love to you Both

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Mari

Im sorry to hear Steve is having a rough ride. I remember this stage very well when my Mum was in. It does get better but whilst its happening its not nice for the patient or the "looker on". My Mum asked me not to visit for a couple of days as all she wanted to do was sleep and she hadnt got the energy to talk
    even.

Big hugs to both of you

Love Ali xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Mari,

Just been catching up on Stevens progress! It does seem like he is going through the mill, and it's amazing how the memory dulls the angst that was probably there the first time round! We really hope that Stephen will soon be on the up, and those neutrophils shoot right back up. It must be so hard to watch someone you love feeling so rubbish! You make sure you are looking after you too 😉

Hope the temperature has come down and the rash a bit better…those medical teams really know what they are doing 🙂

Take care

Vicki and Colin x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Mari,

Just sending some best wishes and here's hoping you and Stephen are ok…..:-) love and hugs from this end!

Vicki and Colin x

Vicki
    Participant

Mari

Just wondering how things are going, and to say hi and hope all is well:-)

Vicki

Mari
    Participant

Stephen came home yesterday. As is to be expected he is very weak and listless. According to the letter the doctors sent home with him he suffered neutropenic sepsis, acute kidney injury and liver damage while he was in. I was surprised we did not hear about this at the time but I knew he was very poorly. It will take sometime for him to gather his strength and I am at my lowest ebb, what with other difficulties in the family. what does not kill us will only make us stronger. I don't think I will be posting for a while, I don't like making negative posts

tom
    Participant

Hey Mari Dont stop Posting, this is where you can get help to Build your resolve up and get help/advice when you need it.

Stick with it you two it will be well worth it.

Love and Loads of hugs sent to you both, I know its still gonna be hard for a couple of months but we are here to help you both.

Lots of Love and Support from Iccle ole Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

eve
    Participant

Dear Mari

This is when you need this site,the ones who have been there understand what you are going through,I have been looking at Slim the past three months thinking it is not working taking to long to recover,the letter that we received a copy of read like someone ready for there coffin,all old complaints and new ones came to the surface because the system is so low.

Slim still weighs 62k I stopped cooking meals,such a wast of time,just kept snacks in.Six months they say before he starts eating as before,but I can see he is getting better slowly,

You have it harder because you are working,and you are worried about Stephen and your Dad,you did it last time and you will do it again,it is just going to take longer.
    If you are at your lowest ebb there is only one way to go,and that,s up,Even the hospital realise this is a hard time on the family,Half Term soon,just except you cannot do everything,rest as much as you can. Eve

Vicki
    Participant

Mari,

The good thing is that Stephen is home and they say that recovery is much better in your own bed and in familiar surroundings!. That's said though I remember eve posting that it's where the hard working starts!

I won't say keep your chin up, but thinking of you and would like to be as much support as possible if you find the time to post 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Second SCT underway at last’ is closed to new replies.