Should I be glad or sad??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roz 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi All
    Me again. Found out last night that Michael has said yes to having op on his arm! The man, either surgeon; or the bloke who puts you to sleep
    ( can't spell it for some reason)comes out to speak to him on Thursday. I'm frightened to death of him having such a serious operation because I don't believe he is well enough. But without it he will be on the highest antivirus tablets available, which will cause constant toilet trouble.
    He has just started on cycle 2 of revlimid and is poorly today, so I don't know what is the best thing for him.
    I wish I could just take it all away from him instead.

Roz

Princess
    Participant

Hello Roz.

I read with interest your email entry. Your husband (I assume) is now on his second round of Revlimid. I have just finished my first round and to be honest, I am scared of what this drug can do, either for the good or the bad. I have always taken the view that the doctors know what they are doing. It is what they have been trained for. You always have the option of a second opinion. Revlimid takes time to settle into the system so it is still early days yet. Weigh your options. Toilet trouble for a short period of time or surgery he obviously needs.

Of course you wish you could take on this battle for him, but you can't. Just be there for him. That is all he needs from you.

I have often said that cancer is as bad for the people around the patient. They live through it as well. They go through the good and bad days.

I wish Michael the best and hope they move on this to make him feel better.

Anne

Roz
    Participant

Thanks for replying.
    I honestly don't know what is the best for Michael!! He started this treatment at such a bad time that I honestly think his body is saying enough.
    All day I've felt guilty! I just think he is going through all this pain and trouble for me. I don't want him to die but it is hard watching him suffer too.
    I know this revlimid is good, and not as severe as velcade,it is working but because of all the infections Michael had while on velcade; I think it has alot to sort out too.

Hope it does wonders for you.
    Roz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Should I be glad or sad??’ is closed to new replies.