Shoulder aches and trigger finger

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  michellemacleod 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sfelmingham
    Participant

I am two years post stem cell transplant and am suffering with shoulder pain (particularly on waking) and have trigger finger issues in both hands.

Anyone suffered same issues? Trying to establish if it is related to my myeloma or if it is age related- I am 52

taffd
    Participant

Don’t know if it’s relevant but I had severe shoulder pain that came on gradually, getting worse until I couldn’t move my arm – calcific tendonitis – the calcium builds up in the tendon and the pain is felt when the body reabsorbs it, which can take many months.

I had the calcium, which had the consistency of toothpaste, sucked out during ultrasound and was then injected with a corticosteroid.

Virtually pain-free immediately and completely within 24 hours, although it’s supposed to get worse for a couple of days.

Don’t know if it’s any help, just my experience.

Regards

Taff

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  taffd.

michellemacleod
    Participant

Hi,

just reading through posts, as recently I have been getting pain in shoulder and hips plus trigger finger cam across your post and wandered if it was linked to MM. ironically almost the same symptoms and the same age.

regards

Michelle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shoulder aches and trigger finger’ is closed to new replies.