Sinus problems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Min 13 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Debs
    Participant

ok second time of trying to post….not sure where in cyberspace my first message went!!

A friend of mine who has MM but who can't face the Internet yet is on CTD (don't think it is CRD) and has had big issue with sinus problems across her nose, cheeks and forehead. She has spoken with her consultant, the 'ask the nurse' etc and no-one recognises it as a side effect.

Has anyone on here experienced it, and if so, just wondered if you had any ideas of remedies?

Thanks!
    Deb x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Debs I dont get sinus problems as such but every time I am on treatment I do get the symptoms of a cold , permanent snotty nose and constantly need to blow my nose. I suppose this could lead to sinus problems if you are prone to it Hope she can get some relief though its a horrible pain love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

hI Debs

When I was on CDT I didnt get sinus but the same as Bridget a constantly runny nose which got worse when I ate anything
    but I did get a cold which left me with bad sinus pain for a while.
    Love Jo

jills
    Participant

Hi Debs,

One of the side effects of cyclophosphamide is nasal congestion and a runny nose. Not well known but I discovered this by trawling various websites when my Mum was on CDT. Of course it does also affect the immune system which makes colds and infections more likely too.

All the best, Jill

Debs
    Participant

Thanks for your responses guys!

I will let her know what you have said and perhaps suggests she just checks out normal sinus remedies that DON'T have ibuprofen in them

Cheers
    Debsx

Min
    Participant

Hi Debs
    Peter is like Bridget with a constantly snotty nose while on or off medication. He is not a sufferer of sinus but I have been plagued by it and the best relief is a bowl of boiling water and a towel over the head and sniff in the fumes. Clears the sinus's at no cost. Friars balsam is a good addition to the water but a bugger to wash off the bowl! I had a back tooth out and the Dr at the dental hospital said I would never suffer again from sinus once it was out and she was right. How odd is that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sinus problems’ is closed to new replies.