Sleeping so much!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shirley 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jane
    Participant

Hello everyone, I hope seeing a bit of sunshine at last is bringing a smile to your faces.
    I am finding tiredness a problem. In particular I find I actually sleep so much. I have to consciously stop myself falling asleep!
    Does anyone else find that they actually sleep rather then just the always present fatigue? What do you find helps?
    For one thing it makes the days so short and that makes me feel guilty for my wonderful husband who now does everything in the house – whilst I fall asleep yet again!
    Best wishes to everyone.
    Jane x

tom
    Participant

Hi Jane

Aww that sleep is a devil but it has to be done sleep and you heal thats what I think, a little walk is good for me I have just got back from walking the dog and we have been out more than an hour (gosh that dog can talk ha ha) Exercise is good for us nice and gentle, Plus a little chat to Dr to make sure Bloods are all Ok

Enjoy the rest and you will heal faster.

Love Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Jane

Colin sleeps loads. That's fine, as Tom says healing!. Colin seems to have bursts of energy and he will just run out of steam. He does a bit and rests a bit. Seems like the right thing to do. I'm sure your husband enjoys doing the jobs, make the most of it, then when you are better you can return the favour 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Jane
    Participant

Thanks for your replies Tom and Vicky, I do understand sleep is good for healing, but it is still frustrating:-( I have such a complicated medical history that walking is out, I use an electric scooter. I am sorry for moaning but I just needed to say it to someone. I can't let my husband know how bad I feel most of the time and the pain is getting worse, because he doesn't need any more worry. I am lucky that I can keep smiling – I was brought up doing stage work – the call goes out " eyes and teeth, smile!":-D I think that's my rant over for today.:-)
    Love Jane xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jane

I'm sorry to read that you are having such a bad time and hope that the doctors can get your pain under control soon.

Jane my husband has Mm and he is like you. He tries to hide from me how he feels. He thinks he's protecting me but he's not. I know that we all handle this horrible illness in our own way. But when I ask Frank how he is feeling he comes back thats he is fine. His words say one thing but his face says another. So then my imagination runs riot and I wonder what he's keeping from me. I personally want to k ow everything but as I said Jane that is how I fell as a "career" (hate that word)

Rant as much as you want – I do!! 😛

Best wishes to you
    Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hey Jane
    Am not sure if you are aware of this BUT this is the Rant room so Rant as often as you like its good for us 😎 and whats good for us is OK here 😀
    I think I also was stage brought up but I just have too many teeth Lol, and have been told many a time I have eyes that sparkle, thats it Bull over for the moment.

Like Jean says if the partner does not know what is happening their mind goes haywire with worry so I suggest you share it all.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Jane

As supporter I agree with Jean, if I feel Colin is not telling me stuff then I either run mind riot, Internet over drive etc, of make his life a misery by asking what's up, what can I do, how can I help every 5 mintutes! LOL. So I reckon it's easier for all concerned if you share a bit. A problem shared is a problem halved 🙂

Jean, I hope franks' doing ok, and you are keeping your head above water. This mm will be beaten on all counts. DETERMINED 🙂

Vicki

shirley
    Participant

Hi Jane, i must confess i was terriable, i'd sleep til 2-4 in the afternoon,get up have tea,a bath fresh pyjammy's,then back to bed,i started to become quite depressed,like you i have the most fantastic and most patient husband in the world,and i wasn't being fair to him,he gave his work up to become my full time carer,and all i did was sleep. But everything has changed now as we finally got a us a puppy,well he's a year old Chihauhau in the name of Yogi,he's been the best nedicine anyone could wish for,he's so adorable. Speak to your doctor he may be able to help you. Good luck and take care x Shirls x x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping so much!’ is closed to new replies.