So I met this bloke

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dickb 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Guys and Galls, I went for my bone infusion yesterday and sitting opposite me was another David. And this David had MM just like me. He is only the second person I have met with MM since I started down this path in Jul 09, and Somerset is a hotspot for MM.

Anyways, pleasantries (wine women and song)over, I asked him how long he had had MM his answer took me a little by surprise 10 years. He looked as fit as a fiddle. He had had two SCT, first one lasted 3 years and the second 18 months. He had been through all the treatments including Revlimid. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the drug he said he was now on – sorry.

Keep going Guys, just keep bl++dy well going. 🙂

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

p.s. His wife normally does the computer work but he did not think she visited this site, probably Macmillan. Anyway he said he would mention our site to his wife. Perhaps she will come on and gives us the details of his current medication. 😉

Mothas
    Participant

I met someone at the UCLH clinic a couple of months back who'd had MM for 10 years too.
    Thanks David.

tom
    Participant

Hi David

I also have met some one who had MM for 10 years, think 10 is the new 5 if you know what am saying

Tom Onwards and Upwards

Carolsymons
    Participant

At Ealing they organised for me to talk to a 10 year survivor who was awaiting his second transplant and just returned from his annual cycling trip through Spain with his old mates…he was over 65 and yes as fit as a fiddle. Also another woman 11 years on who had had 3 transplants I think, but wasn't in great shape the day I met her….had some infusion that day not sure what. So there is hope for us beginners on this journey. Have to look for the silver linings somewhere I guess.

Carol

dickb
    Participant

There must be some link to fitness levels because there is a chap here in Germany in the support group who has just celebrated his 80th birthday. He also was diagnosed about 10 years ago but doesn't take anything for MM, he has not had Chemo. What he does is keep himself fit and active and that he believes is what helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘So I met this bloke’ is closed to new replies.