Some advice needed!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cygnet 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

janey3038
    Participant

Hi,

My dad got diagnosed with multiple myeloma January 2010, he had stem cell transplant and has been on off chemotherapy since.  Unfortunately he has been in and out of hospital last few months with infections.  We went to his consultant yesterday who advised that the treatment no longer working and his bone marrow is infected with 70% cancer.  They have suggested he try a drug called bendamustine which may give him further 6-12 monthsife expectancy.  My dad didn’t understand this as the myeloma is confusing him so as far as he knows he getting better.  The worst thing about it all is the last few weeks since being off chemo he has gone back to work put on lots of weight and in food health.  Just need some advice as to what happens when its nearing the end how will the disease actually end his life and is there anymore we can do to prolong this horrible disease.  I’m not ready to lose him yet x

Thanks

cygnet
    Participant

Hi Janey

I can’t help with this personally but have you thought of ringing the Infoline? I’m sure the nurses will be able to help you.

Good luck

C xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Some advice needed!!’ is closed to new replies.