Sore Tongue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  morwenna 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

morwenna
    Participant

Hi Everyone,I’m new to this discussion forum and looking for some advice. Im a 68 year old woman and have just finished my first cycle of the induction treatment. The side effects haven’t been too bad except for my sore tongue and loss of taste. It’s not thrush and my consultant is at a bit of a loss what to do about it. Any suggestions.

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hi Morwenna

Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with myeloma and have just started treatment. You don’t say which drugs you are on, but in my experience from knowing lots of patients in our myeloma support group, the side effects are very variable and individual.

The patient information leaflets which are available often give a long list of possible side effects so its not surprising if one or two of these are present.

Very often the side effects disappear after treatment has stopped. Loss of taste is quite common for those on myeloma treatment. If you are worried then you could try the Myeloma UK nurse helpline or GP for a second opinion.

Hope this helps.

David

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  davidainsdale.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  davidainsdale.

morwenna
    Participant

Thanks David I’ll check that out.Im on DVTD treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.