Staging

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mothas 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dickb
    Participant

I am on my second course of VCD and my Onkologist will be doing a staging after this to check how the Myeloma is doing. Now my German is not too good and I need to ask him how its done. How was it done for you? Please don't say another bone Biopsy, the pain is still with me.

Mothas
    Participant

My understanding is that staging can be done through multiple approaches depending on your form of myeloma, but yes unfortunately it will involve one of the dreaded BMBs, I've got one lined up in a couple of weeks.

Eva
    Participant

Hi- You might be able to ask for sedation. There's a kind of sedation that lasts for about twenty minutes.
    Eva

dickb
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I don't wether it's better to be ignorant of having a BMB or to be forwarned. The doctors here said the pain's a bit like going to the dentist – just not any dentist I've been too.

Mothas
    Participant

I'm having my third BMB soon but I've asked for sedation this time. Previous two I went in cold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Staging’ is closed to new replies.