State of shock (good shock!!)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 11 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

Just come back from hospital. Dr came and said Franks bloods were good, WCC down a little but not much. No protein detectable and no indications of Myeloma in blood. Wants to see him again on Thursday. Trying not to get excited as it seems very quick but consultant is very pleased with him. Does this happen this quickly?

Love to all

Jean xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean
    Good to hear Franks bloods are looking good, at this stage ' close to normal with no pp' is good…. Look how long some people have taken to get neutrophils and platelets up enough to get out of hospital. I had a bmb at 3 months post SCT to check I was still in remission.
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen

Mind running riot. As Franks PPs were dropping long before CDT consultant suspected non secretory. Nothing was done to find out but Ellen had said it would be very unusual to change after 6 years. As far as I know a BMB is the way to find out if there is any progression of the MM. seeing her on Thursday so will ask then

I have everything crossed for your BMB results hope you get good news. Please let us know

Love Jean xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jean and frank,

Glad to hear frank is out of hospital and things look to be progressing well…:-) patience is the key here and things will get better slowly but surely. Glad to hear you are feeling chipper too jean.

Colin is very very tired at the moment….he seems to do things and then is wiped out with exhaustion for three days, not having anything to measure this by I always worry its the mm coming back and after slims experience of such a short remission that made me worry even more!

Onwards and upwards as Tom would say x

Vicki and Colin x

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Jean

Really pleased to hear Frank's results are good and no sign of Myeloma in his blood!! Amazing, well done to Frank. Pete's blood results were also good 2 weeks ago, but he finds out on Friday about the Myeloma levels.

All in all, he has done remarkably well since leaving hospital 4 weeks ago after the SCT! His recovery was very slow at first, but he is now planning to go back to work on Monday. He will obviously take it very easy, perhaps a few hours a day at first! Still underweight, no taste buds and not a hair in sight!!! He is still dreading the 'curly locks' Vicki!!!!

Hi Vicki, sorry to hear Colin is tired at the moment. Like you, I will never get over confident about anything to do with Myeloma because the illness/recovery/remission is so different for everyone!!! But, eh fingers and toes crossed!!!!

Take care all

Ann and Pete

xx

tom
    Participant

Hey well done Jean, Frank and his team Now that an Onwards and Upwards result 🙂

Franks count is good and yes it happens fast 🙂 but he will still need to take it easy and before long Frank will be Spot on.

Now Breath xx

Love to you Both

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Ann that's great about Pete going back to work I'm sure you are both delighted that he has come so far in such a few weeks. Well done Pete 🙂 . Frank also has no energy, he is eating a little and had a choc ice cream this afternoon. He also had a Guiness last night and is having another one tonight. He had a sip of my wine and he liked it but was scared t would bring back the dreaded diarrhoea again, so had no more. Frank is as bald as a coot and soooo very thin. Does Pete have dry skin? Franks is terrible its actually peeling like he had been sun burnt.

Ann athough the results were good I'm apprehensive as 6 months ago us PP were dropping without treatment and consultant mentioned non secretory MM which can't be detected in blood. So hope that we haven't been given false hope. Will see on Thursday. Tell Pete I wish him good luck on Monday. Lets know how he got on

Love jean xx

Vicki
    Participant

Good luck Ann, Peter, jean and frank…..fingers crossed for all of you.

Peter has done well to be going back to work but be so so careful,as colinn has overdone it and he is shattered now, having worked 3 days at work and 2 at home each week from 2.5 months. This tiredness seems to be going on and on and like you guys I am very wary and do wonder what is going on.

Frank seems to be doing well jean and good to hear he is having a guiness, good for iron. His appetite will come. You take care of yourself too.

Love to all

Vicki and Colin xxx

Debs
    Participant

Great news Jean….really pleased to hear that it is all going so well….hope Frank is chuffed too 🙂

Deb x

petesilver
    Participant

Hi Jean
    I have just had the same answer, with me all doom and gloom waiting for my test and scan results, when the Dr said your ok no more need for any chemo and no PST on the scan so here I am 9 years down the line feeling a happy chappy.
    Always try and keep positive but before this appt I have to admit I was very apprehensive.
    So I hope your good news carries on for a long time.
    Regards
    Pete

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Pete and all

Well done Pete 9 years brilliant 🙂 long long may it continue.

We are just back from consultant once again she was ahoy with Franks bloods. But after the news of the other day "NI indication of myeloma in blood" started to bug me. As I said in previous post Franks protein had been dropping long before treatment started. So I questioned consultant about it today and was told that she is more the happy with his bloods very thing is going I the right direction and she will organise a PET scan in a few weeks. So now I'm no wiser off. Feel bad as Franks has told family and friends that there is no Myeloma and we don't know. I won't say anything as everyone – naturally – are delighted. Seeing her next Wednesday so might here more

Love to all
    Love Jean x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘State of shock (good shock!!)’ is closed to new replies.