Stay positive!!!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

shelly161
    Participant

This post may seem odd. We lost out beautiful mother 4 weeks ago.

She was a positive and strong person always. I never heard her complain or say why me? If I can tell you she lived life to the full did everything she wanted to do. She had a very aggresive form of Myeloma but believe me it never held her back.

I can say that even thou I feel heartbroken at the loss on the other side I take great comfort from the strength she had. I was amazed the 6 treaments of chemotherapy and a stemcell transplant did not stop her enjoying her family, friend and travelling the world.

So I hope if nothing else I can pass on that all here on the forums have kept me positive in the past.If I can do the same please contact me.
    Regards x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Shelly

Thank you for taking the trouble to post at what must be a very sad time for you. I'm so encouraged that your Mum coped so well with all the treatment. How long did she live post diagnosis?

I know your continued contributions to the site will be welcomed.

Very best wishes to you and all your family.

Mavis x

shelly161
    Participant

Hello Mavis,
    Thank you for replying.

My mum lived 5 years post diagnosis bearing in mind she had an aggressive form with other complication of the disease.

Michelle x

tom
    Participant

Hi Michelle

Your Mothers strenth has been passed on to you it shows in your post only four weeks after the passing of your good Mum,I admire both your Mum and you for fighting what is a hell of an illness with strenth and dignity, I bet those five years were filled with laughter and joy.

Thank you for posting am sure it will give us all hope.

Love Tom xxxx

shelly161
    Participant

Thank you so much Tom.
    This site has given me so much strength over the years and I hope if I can do the same for someone else.
    I know that would make my mum so happy. We had some great times even going to the hospital we tried to make it a laugh all the way. I very rare saw my mum have a dark day but she knew what she wanted and went for it. xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Michelle

Your More than Welcome.
    Am sure the strenth that your Mum and you have and are showing will be a boost for those that are and have been through what your Mum and yourself have gone through, am sure you will be a great asset on this forum to advice what to do/expect when treatment fails.

Love Tom xxxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stay positive!!!!’ is closed to new replies.