Struggling to Cope

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  pauline 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

ChelleMc
    Participant

Hi,

I don't know if you ever "know" how to act. My husband is 37 and was diagnosed at 30. It was caught by accident and was fairly good the past few years. This year has been SO different! He has been quite ill and we've actually started talking about death. I try and do the good and the bad. I'll tell him how things will get better and they will sort out treatment and get him back into remission but all through tears and tissue. We have 3 kids (2 of which he has taken on) and a 1yr old. I can't bare the thought of becoming a widow but it is something I have to face. Let him know you are as scared as he is. Let him see that you do cry and fear life without him. All you both have is each other to get through this horrible disease. It's not easy and it sucks the life out of you at times. I hate seeing my husband in so much pain and so stressed… I just started a Support Group and I would honestly suggest finding 1 near you, they really do help!! I'm in Burton. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you…

All the best!
    Chelle xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Chelle you sound like an amazing woman supporting not only your husband but your young family too It must be very tough but I think you are right to share your fears and tears sometimes , none of us are superhuman !! By sharing your worst fears I am sure it must make it easier for you husband to talk about how he is feeling too To start up a support group as well shows how determined you are so good luck and I really hope your husband can get his health back on track soon best wishes to you both Bridget x

pauline
    Participant

Hi Chelle

It amazes me with all you have on your plate that you found time to reply to my post… thank you. I do hope your hubby's treatment is soon back on track and that they can get him back into remission. I think you are right… do we ever know how to act.. probably not. I have shared my thoughts with hubby today but he is just getting on with life now as if nothing has happened and I cant and indeed wont grumble about that. We have lost 5 family/friends to cancer this year and my dad is still battling with it but when we see news about new developments to help myeloma suffers it gives us encouragement and hope.
    We do not have any support groups near to where we live so when I have more energy it may be worth looking into how to start one should people in the area want one.

You really do have your work cut out and I do hope things start to improve. It is stories like yours which put mine into context; I actually have very little to moan about.

Wishing you all the best

Pauline

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Struggling to Cope’ is closed to new replies.