Switching from VCD to VTD

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  brianan 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

peterl
    Participant

Hello again Brian (and Jan),

Brian:  Yep, I had the same PN that started in my fingers.  I’m sorry but I can’t remember at what stage of the 8 VTD cycles it actually started.  It was a bit of a while ago!!  But I do remember that it was very inconvenient at times…  Like coming down in the early hours for coffee, hungry and thirsty on dex, and dropping the tin of shortcakes all over the floor and waking up the cat!  I also had slight PN in the toes – these lasted a bit longer than the fingers PN (which disappeared a little while after the VTD stopped), but I can’t remember exactly when – sorry.

I think it was about 18 months before the FLCs showed themselves again by increasing out side the allowable range.  I had a short session of CD which brought them down considerably, and am now having a revlimid maintenance dose optimised for the future.

Glad you’re getting on so well – and I hasten to say, that I regret I couldn’t be more definite in the PN phases, but frankly, I’ve pretty much forgotten these effects (apart from a wasted tin of biscuits and a frightened mog!)

Very best regards to all,

Peter

peterl
    Participant

P.S.  About the VTD:  I forgot – at times it did make me breathless, especially after a largish meal.  Had loads further tests, but all clear – and this side effect stopped a little while after my last cycle – but apologies again, I can’t remember how long after, probably a couple of weeks.

About Cheltenham:  Sorry again – have a great time, and hope you win (if you’re a betting man!).  I’m not particularly interested in horse racing – but the first time I went to Cheltenham (as a guest of an American Company based in Wales), it was an absolute eye opener, to someone naive like me.  We had lunch in a marquee and I had to go to the gents.  The nearest one was in the grandstand block.  Making my way there, the stewards had shut the gates that allow you to cross the grass road that the jockies use to bring their horses back after a race.  So I was right next to the stream of jockies and horses returning…  I didn’t think there was a lot to this racing, but was I wrong.  The jockies (walking) and horses looked bedraggled.  Covered in mud and dirt, breathing heavy, wet and the horses, heads down, were steaming, with a lot of them cut on their fronts and flanks, bleeding, probably from flying stones.  When I got back to the marqee, I told my hosts and said my admiration for the men and horses had soared, after seeing things first hand.  Definitely a very physical sport.

Peter

brianan
    Participant

Hi Peter and Jan

Many thanks for the information – it’s very helpful and much appreciated.

On the subject of Cheltenham, I ‘m not a great fan of horse racing but I go with my brother and his son who are experts on the subject. I find it a great spectacle with – apart from the racing itself – lots of ‘human interest’. Of course, the obvious risks to the jockeys and horses take some of the shine off it. I never go with any hope/expectation of winning any significant money!

All the best

Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Switching from VCD to VTD’ is closed to new replies.