Swollen tummy

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kazzam2 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all

As you all,and half the world know Frank is in remission 😀 . For the past few weeks his tummy has been very swollen. When we saw consultant he mentioned it, Dr examined him and said couldn't feel anything wrong. He's so bloated he looks 5 months pregnant!! Thought it could be meds so he stopped for a few days, but no difference. Then on one occasion it was back to normal but not for long. He has kept record of what he's been eating and stopping different things but no good. Has anyone else heard of this. He's really feeling good but the 'pregnancy' is getting him down 😛 .

If anyone has heard of this I'd love to hear

Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank

Well as for the Tummy ??? mine am sure Elaine will tell you floats up and down like a gas balloon some days its not as "Fat" other days its like being pregnant ? I just put mine down to me and my age as Dr says nothing wrong with me.

Hope Frank doesn't have twins 🙂

Love to you both
    Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jean,

I haven't noticed that with Colin. Sorry to be dim,but could it be wind and gas? Colin suffered a lot with this and once we thought he was having a heart attack but it was gas, acid etc. I wonder whether its just the bowels/tummy settling down. Our sct nurse said a lot that they don't like being upset…..

Good luck with that!….roll on remission and hope you enjoy the football soon 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tom and Vicki

Thanks but according to Frank it's not wind – mind you his tummy rattles and gurgles and he says its so uncomfortable. He will have to ask consultant when we next see her (that's if she's there – been off ill for some time)

Vicki sorry to hear of Colin's back. Frank also has bad back pain. MRI showed an old Injury on one of the vertebrae but said its not MM related – but he has a lot of pain. He's trying to do a bit more exercise to see if it helps

Onwards and upwards Tom
    Vicki hope Colin gets the pain under control
    Love Jean x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Jean

Frank could be retaining fluid or urine. Ian had swollen tummy and has to self catheterise at night to empty his bladder.

Ian is a Dunfermline fan and watns me to take him to football when he gets out of hospital which shouldn't be long now.

Maureen x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Frank phoned consultant secretary this morning and she spoke to the stand in consultant and he said that Frank had to stop taking one of his tablets – can't remember name – but it's to stop lung infection.
    Football match t would be something for Ian to look forward to after getting out of hospital- which I hope is soon. I hope to be going to see United play in October.

My best to Ian and hope he gets ho,e soon
    Love Jean x

eve
    Participant

Hi Jean

Slim has a bit of a tummy,otherwise skin and bones,I put it down to his height loss of 4 1/2 inches ,could be wrong but at least he has something to stick his claxane needles into.4 1/2 inches of skin and tissue has to settle some were.

Glad to see everything is going fine with you,I do keep track of you on Facebook,just have not got the energy to concentrate on scrabble but I do miss are games, may be in awhile. Love Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

I got a new lap top and the game that we played wasn't there I tied to find it but nothing came up. I searched your name and your page came up but no app to play the game 🙁 .have you been able to get away in the motor home – even for a few day- to enjoy the lovely weather? We have had terrible rain and thunder storms today

My best wishes to you both
    Love Jean x

eve
    Participant

Hi jean

We managed to get away before Slim started Chemo,but he was to ill and had to come home.:-S

Slim has gone down hill,I have posted in carers section,so I won,t repeat myself,all my games vanished off lap top,and new scrabble game is going,but it looks different,just do not have the energy to concentrate .

Good to see you are both fine.Love Eve

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Jean and All,

I have had a swollen tummy for some time, my consultant was not concerned, she mentioned my height loss, but no remedy. i don't like it as most of my skirts and trousers do not fit :-/ elasticated nowadays. Apart from pain I feel well, so I probably have to learn to live with it. It is a little flatter first thing if I have slept on my back, I may be imagining that! I will just have to change my name to spacehopper!

Eve, sorry to hear Slim not so good. I hope the chemo helps. xx

Regards to all
    Karen
    xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swollen tummy’ is closed to new replies.