Taking a controlled drug to France/abroad

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  janeww 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Has anybody got any experience of this topic. I will be speaking to my Doctor this morning about this but thought it might make an interesting topic to post.

It looks like I will still be on ZoMorph (morphine sulphate) when I go to France on the 23rd Aug. And, I will need to take a supply just in case I get a problem whilst there. Any advice or ideas would be most welcome (Eve, your field? 😀 ).

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Perkymite
    Participant

Just saw the "Sawbones" and apparently for one week in France I jut need a printout of my current medication, which the receptionist will do prior to departure on the 23rd.

Found this NHS site which you might find useful: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2593.aspx?CategoryID=70&SubCategoryID=175

Or just type in http://www.nhs.uk will get you to the home page.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

andyg
    Participant

Hi David

I haven't had any problems taking my drugs abroad on the rare 😉 occasions I travel never even thought about it lol. The only letter I've taken is for my syringes and that hasn't been looked at yet! I put my drugs in my hand luggage so they don't get lost and the liquid drugs in a clear plastic bag. Though that's all obviously for flying traveling by ferry or Eurostar would be different of course – I think lol.
    Bon voyage David. Have a great trip.

Every day is a gift.
    Make sure you enjoy it.

Andy

eve
    Participant

Hi David

Only just seen this posting,I would take the back of a repeat prescription with you,just in case you loose any!!,then if you have to see a doctor,he knows you are genuine ,and not a drug addict.lol

When we arrived in NZ you have to fill a declaration in,so we filled it in truthfully ,as we were having wheelchair assistance,we were last of flight,because we had declared hill billy heron,plus calxane needles,we had to get it signed off by a senior customs officer,but we did feel we were breaking the law,as the dog came sniffing round,I had enough pills for5 weeks,

They could not do enough for us,an airport official asked me was I happy with service,I said yes,but a little bit disappointed in flight,as Slim although looked normal at the time,could not lift anything into lockers,and there was me 5ft nothing weightXXX,not telling you standing on the seat and swinging from the lockers,not a pretty site.

He told me next time to ask for lifting to lockers.,lesson learned.

David do not be tempted to go to gib or morocco,Gib is being blocked at the moment,and Morocco,guards questionable,depends whether they were paid that month. Have a lovely time.Love Eve

Stuart
    Participant

Hi David
    we live in France, but my wife Jules is being treated at the Marsden. She has been taking her prescription morphine backwards and forwards across the channel for the last five years, and we've never had a problem at either side's customs. They seem far more concerned about illegal immigrants or cash to me. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as it's pretty obvious they're prescription drugs; rather than the other kind.
    regards
    Stuart

Vicki
    Participant

David

We've not ventured much further than our gate so far so can't help with the post, although I'd take some time of back up to ensure customs know what it is and why you've got it. Letter, prescriptions, box it's in etc.

Have a great, safe and enjoyable holiday x

Vicki and Colin xx

janeww
    Participant

Hi

I've just returned from SE Asia (hong kong, Bangkok, ko Samui) and had no problem with my prescribed drug stash that I took with me. I took not only my current meds but standby meds for just in case and did have visions of being stopped there were that many, especially in Bangkok. They never even gave me a second glance. I had a letter from my Consultant with current situation re myeloma and list of medications/doses.

Jane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Taking a controlled drug to France/abroad’ is closed to new replies.