things that still "bite you on the bum"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tanya 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

I hope the word "bum" does not offend. I was thinking this morning of how silly little things still catch up with you when you least expect them to.

Stephen died in September 2012. This morning I dropped a teaspoon into the cutlery drawer with a clang instead of putting it there. It reminded me that Stephen used to throw the cutlery in very loudly and I used to tell him off for making so much noise.

What wouldn't I give to have him back throwing the cutlery in the drawer.

Would I still tell him off? You Bet!

Love from Gill xx

Eva
    Participant

Dear Gill,
    I understand how you feel. I have messy handbags, and instead of cleaning them up, I just go up a size. My purse was christened 'the dead piglet' by my husband because of its weight in coins. I've 'upgraded' the size of my handbags, until now I sometimes have been known to go out with a cabin luggage suitcase which I trundle along.
    I find it difficult to believe that my husband Michel will miss that aspect of me one day, but I guess you never know.
    Eva

tom
    Participant

Hi Gill

Well Gill this post made me smile and I hope you smiled also thinking of Stephen in the way you used to before he passed on, its good to have thoughts like that and am sure the tears still flow freely, but things like the cutlery will give you strength keep those Good memories going.

Love and Hugs

Tom xxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill

It's the little things that set you off or as you say bite you in the bum. It might make you cry,but all those feelings come flooding back,and it's the feelings that are the most important,but it's the knowledge,that he will never get on your nerves throwing the cutlery in the draw ever again.

If you could just bottle that emotion,and smell it every now and again! It would help in your grief.

You do sound as if you are coping well,Tina,s idea of joining her private group for people who have lost there husbands seems a good idea,my daughter is in a private group on face book for people who have lost a child,worth thinking about.

Love Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

[b]Silly Things[/b]

Silly things, little things, trivial things
    Ways of describing the way that I feel
    Not thunder or lightening
    But smiles and side-glances
    Little romances I know to be real

Dai.

tanya
    Participant

Gill,

This made me smile too. It really is those things that get you eh? I heard an elderly man cursing at one of those self service checkouts yesterday. I had to turn round at look because he sounded so much like my dad. It wasn't.

Tanya
    x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘things that still "bite you on the bum"’ is closed to new replies.