Three monthly check-up

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  valbrewster 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

valbrewster
    Participant

Hi, I saw my consultant last week for my 3 monthly check-up and the news is still good, still in remission, the blood test result stated no myeloma detected. Very happy people. He also told me I could have a small rest from taking Thal. the dosage is 50 mg a day. I was first dxd in February 2001 and first SCT in November of that year. Second SCT in November 2008 with Thal. being the maintenance treatment. I feel very well and am fortunate that I have not suffered any significant bone damage. Still suffering with severe cramps at night but can live with that. Now planning to move house and starting another chapter in my life. Best wishes to all.

sandydeli
    Participant

Hi wow !!!!! so glad to hear some good news and give people hope 🙂
    Good luck with your move.
    Sandra.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Val very good news. Well done long may it continue 😀
    Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Way to go Val 😀 well done you, am pleased to hear good news again 😎
    All the best for your Move and don't lift too heavy a box 🙂

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxxx

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi you have given us hope for a future. Hope your house move goes well.

Maureen

valbrewster
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. When I was first dxd then were not many treatments it is now a different story and I am sure there will be more treatments available. At first you are completely bowled over when you get the diagnosis as are your family. I am a very strongminded person and am determined that this beast would not become my life or take over my personality. Everyone is different and they deal with MM in so many different ways. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Val,

That is great news and very encouraging for those of us at the start of the journey, my husband Phil was diagnosed in May 2012. You are right about all the new treatment options that are becoming available.

I hope the house move goes well.

Megan

avantromp
    Participant

Hello Val
    Glad to hear your good news. Have you thought of taking magnesium against cramp? A friend with MM found that it really helped.
    Annette

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Val

Great news – long may it keep coming! Very best wishes for your move and all your future plans.

Love Mavis x

valbrewster
    Participant

Hi Annette,

I have tried Magnesium, Quinine and now take Amitriptyline for the cramps the Am has helped a bit, but have found the very cold weather and damp makes the cramps worse, so I try and keep myself warm, which at the moment is very hard with this bitterly cold wind, it just seems to go right thru you. Just have to take the bad with the good. Hope you are well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Three monthly check-up’ is closed to new replies.