Thrush??

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi

Frank is coming to the end of his first cycle of CDT. We seem to go from one problem to another. He was feeling unwell this morning and phoned his Myeloma nurse. She is going to contact his consultant but she thinks it's thrush. If it is thrush will it interfere with his treatment? I am so worried about all these side effects and I realise how lucky we have been in the last 6 years pfno treatment and exactly what all of you have been going through.I feel that I'm just new to this bloody disease and still have so much to learn, Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Love Jean x

Eva
    Participant

Dear Jean,
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I think that Fluconazole is something a doctor can prescribe for oral ingestion that might reduce thrush. There are also topical remedies, creams that can be applied.
    Eva

eve
    Participant

Hi Jean

Slims had thrush,I think they put it down to not enough fluid,and with there system taking a beating it,s just one of those things.Slim has tablets at the moment in his SCT pack.
    Just got up out of bed,Slims in hospital again,took him in last night,temp up,mainly took him in to check his bloods,They said everything was fine,but kept him in!!!!had to come home for dog.So its time to move my backside again and get back there.
    Treat all these things as a learning curve Jean,otherwise you will be worn out on the first journey of the roller coaster.
    I remember you were asking about protein ,its usually a marker if its high that,they like to keep an eye on,for Cancer but you know Frank has that.
    But it can be a there for infection,like a cold. Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Jean

Have they checked Franks sugars large amounts of DEX can temporary rise the levels to high sugars are one of the side effects of thrush I had to have triple my dose of insulin while taking dex to combat it
    Love Jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Eva, Eve and Jo

Thanks for your answers. Seeing consultant tomorrow so will put them to her. Frank has just told me that he wants no one to know about the thrush. Is this a man thingg!!

Eve sorry to hear that Slim is in hospital. Hope he gets out soon, there's no place like your own home. You are so right Eve this is a real steep learning curve.

Best wishes to you all
    Jean x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Jean,

I had thrush or some relation a while back and I was given a 5 day course of tablets and the instructions to keep my fluids up.

As I have written elsewhere several times recently… I often get a rising temperature which, if my lungs are clear, I take to drink, several litres over a few hours… I force it down untilI get a strong steady stream. It has worked every time and every time I can look back and note that, for whatever reason but usually when I go out and about, my fluid intake either drops dramatically or my 3 litres are consumed very early… at those times I dribble and sting and I know its time to start flooding the system.;-)

I believe in fluids…. 3 litres seems a lot but I have upped mine to 4+ and every day I do I feel good.8-)

Dai.

Perkymite
    Participant

I think you are right there Dia. I treat drinking the 3 ltrs a day as a separate issue from other fluids, almost like taking pills if you get what I mean.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

p.s. I meant to add that I had Thrush ( a persistent urinary infection) prior to diagnosis. It is in fact one of the symptoms of Myeloma. I have not had it since starting CDT prior to my SCT.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Thanks Dai and David. Franks has been good getting through his water (or at least he tells me) he has also been able to have G & T's

Thanks again
    Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank

Well thrush?? I dont know?, all I remember is when I was on CDT and sometime when having a wee I used to stand on my tip toe's and say oh oh oh bugger oh bugger (it dint stop the pain?? lol) but My Lead Nurse told me drink more (I took that to mean Red Wine/Vodka?) but it worked 😎 more water and less pain 😉

Good Luck

Tip Toe Tom "Onwards and Upwards xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Tom you do make me laugh. 😛 thanks. It must be bad as he's in bed and not watching football!

Ta love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Lol Jean Honest when I had the "Stand on your bloody Toes" feeling I stood on my toes its not a plesant feeling but if I drunk more water it soon cleared

Ps I dont do Footy Lol xx

Love one Thrush Free (so far) Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Lucky Elaine 🙂
    Jean

tom
    Participant

Lol I could have told you all That "Lucky Elaine" xx lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thrush??’ is closed to new replies.