Tomorrow…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

tonyf
    Participant

Evening everyone. Well here's to a long sleepless night for me. I have an appointment at the clinic tomorrow, first one for two months! Had the stem cell transplant early February, 100 day check up went well. So what will happen tomorrow?
    You can all appreciate how the mind worries about what may be found at a check up.
    So it's fingers and toes crossed
    Regards
    Tony F

Eva
    Participant

Dear Tony,
    I know how you feel.
    After my transplant, when I got my first results back, I was immensely stressed. This was because my paraproteins had gone up from zero( before transplant), to three( after the transplant). I'm a low secretor, so for me, this was bad news indeed. I know that for others 3g/L might be a very good outcome. My relationship with my oncologist did not include great clarity of communication, and my entire family began to stress out. After a few months, my paraproteins began to go down by themselves and then I felt a lot better.

I hope you mange not to worry too much.
    Eva

Nanna59
    Participant

All the best for the check up Tony!

Kind regards

Christine

jmsmyth
    Participant

Tony I hope you got a little sleep and all goes well

Love Jean x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hope you get good results.

Maureen

johnandjunediamond
    Participant

good luck mate 🙂 !!

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Hope you got some sleep. i have just seen this, by my reckoning you will be there now. Hope all is ok, I have fingers crossed for you.
    Take care
    Best wishes
    Karen
    xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Tony

Well don't worry ? It's easer said than done am afraid ?
    I have had my treatment in November 2009, am drug free and am on six moth visits, but and it's a big but, when my bloods are taken (4days before I see consultant) I worry I lose sleep and am sure I get tetchy ??
    So worry away and we are all worrying with you. All the best am sure you will be fine .

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

tonyf
    Participant

Thank you for the support, yes a sleepless night! early appointment at the clinic, but they were running really late.
    Good news is I've been signed off for three months! Still having the penidronate once a month, until March next year.
    Have to give a blood test part way through September, so they can keep an eye on the levels. But back to the clinic in November, wow!
    On the subject of a late running clinic, the place was heaving with people, of all ages. Maybe folk are being diagnosed more readily, maybe the treatments given are working and prolonging life, who knows. It was the same situation upstairs in the day clinic where I have the penidronate infusion. Perhaps Leicester Royal have got to look at increasing the size of the departments and clinics.
    Thanks again for being there.
    Regards
    Tony F

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tony

You have been on my mind and I've been looking for your post all day. Well worth the wait!! Well done you 🙂 .3 months is brilliant. Although Frank is "all clear" with bloods good etc. He is still going up every month – take bloods and then Zometa. It would be fantastic to forget about this bloody disease for 3 months. Everything to be planned around visits to hospital

I am so happy for you Tony and looooooong may it continue
    Love Jean x

tonyf
    Participant

Thank you Jean, yes it was good news, very pleased don't mind still having the penidronate.
    You're right hope that Frank can get his thoughts away from this MM.
    Lets try to enjoy this lovely weather.
    Regards
    Tony F

jmsmyth
    Participant

Tony it has been raining here for 3 days. Quite muggy. Looking after grand daughter today and it was pelting down and she got quite upset because I wouldn't take her to the beach !!! 😀

Are you celebrating tonight I know we did

Love jean x

san
    Participant

Well done Tony, have a ball 🙂 San x

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Great news!! 😀

I still go for the 4 weekly Zometta, I have not been told for hold long. We may bump into each other there, who knows!

Take care
    Regards
    Karen
    x

Vicki
    Participant

Hey well done tony that's great news, so glad things are still oh the even keel. We like the even keel!

Vicki and Colin xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.