Transplant done :)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jacquie
    Participant

Well Geoffs transplant is done.

He has his Melphalan 31 May and sent home on 12 June 🙂 🙂

He has a follow up appointment on Monday next week to discuss how it all went.

Glad this part is over.

Good luck to Tom when you go in next week.

regards

Jacquie 🙂 🙂

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jacquie

That was quick. Well done Geoff. Hope it wasn't too bad and that he gets up and running soon

Best wishes
    Love Jean x

Vicki
    Participant

Hey jacqui and Geoff,

Well done you guys, phase 1 over….glad to hear Geoff is home…..it's just a slow recovery from now on it 🙂

Best of luck

Vicki and colinxx

tonyf
    Participant

Good grief, that was a real quickie, well done.
    Geoff must be tough old bird!
    Hope the remainder of the treatment goes as well.
    Regards
    Tony F

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jackie
    That's great, think that's one of the shortest, hope he's happy to be home
    Love Helen

Mothas
    Participant

Wow! Something to aim for! Congrats all round.

I've just packed and ready to go in for early tomorrow.

Well done Geoff.

Jacquie
    Participant

Thank you all for your good wishes. Although Geoff is home he is tired easily even a short walk makes him tired.

Think Geoff's transplant went well due to his strength and fitness prior to diagnosis. He left hospital with a count of 6 they say once you hit 1 you can go but kept him 2 days after to be sure ok.

Tom hope yours goes just a quick. One thing Geoff found was to ease his sore mouth he just used the old fashioned salt water mouthwash.

will keep you all updated on his progress.

regards

Jacquie:-)

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jacqui,

Glad geoffs out of hospital…..how's he feeling? How are you?

Colin is still very tired now….he went back to work too soon. Tell Geoff to pace himself 🙂

Hope you are doing ok. Mothas 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Jacquie
    Participant

Hi Vicki

Been to see Dr Chown today she was very pleased with results so far and how quick it went. He is having his line removed from his chest later this week ouch! He tried a little weeding in garden with me Sunday but tired quickly. He wont go back to work for at least another month. I am fine thanks and I am working from home this week to see how he settles. I has a cold last week and guess what Geoff has it now:) Dr Chown took some swabs to be sure that is all it is he has no temperature.

How is Colin doing these days? Maybe we should get together sometime when are you next in clinic?

regards

Jacquie x

ozzy
    Participant

Hiya
    12 days and home that's great. They keep us in 21 minimum down here in isolation. You take care and dodge those germs and try not to do too much in one go.
    Well done and good health.
    Ozzy

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jacqui

Glad to hear that Geoff is doing ok…..taking it step by step. Colin has a follow up appointment tomorrow at GRH at 1540, all that time to wait! It would be good to catch up. When are you next in? Tell Geoff to be careful about rushing back to work. Colin went back too fast. Even today he never learns. Had an MRI for back today at GRH, leaving home at 0700 am to beat the traffic, then on to work in Bristol. He's not back yet and he wonders why he is very tired and clapped out for a few days 🙂

Hope tomorrow goes well, keeping fingers crossed. Do you see Sian Middleton every week for a follow up,at the LINC?

Vicki

Jacquie
    Participant

Hi Vicki

Sorry missed your reply. They. Do not want to see Geoff every week but every 2 weeks Sian is there at GRH EJU they have set up a transplant patients clinic on Mondays. Hope Colin scan went well Geoff is going to see Siam tomorrow afternoon to take his chest line out will let you know when we are going to EJU clinic as waiting appointment in post.

Regards

Jacquie

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jacqui

Hope geoffs glad to see the back of the line…Colin was. All went well yesterday. We were told bloods were spot on…..me too stressed, fell asleep in the chair last Night and I never do that!, 🙂

Catch up soon, I think the general trials clinic is on a Wednesday afternoon so look forward to seeing you soon 🙂

Vicki and colinx

Jacquie
    Participant

Hi vicki

it took over an hour to remove the line went home then back to hospital in evening to have stitches redone! Next in clinic 4 JUly for bloods and consultation. Hope Colin is well.

Regards

Jacquie:-)

Vicki
    Participant

Hi jacqui

Hope Geoff is doing ok, they had trouble getting Colin's line back out also! We are back in clinic mid August 2013, so maybe see you then. Colin is still v v tired 6 months on 🙁

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Transplant done :)’ is closed to new replies.