Travel Holidays And France

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  eve 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi

I travel every year in motor home making are way through France then Spain and on to Portugal 'we have needed a doctor once in France and a dentist no problems just paid are 20euro,s and then paid for tablets.In Spain you can take your repeat prescription in to chemist and you can get it over counter we do this all the time as doctor,s are loath to give you more than 2 months.In Portugal you have to see doctor,but a friend had cancer his doctor gave him the drugs he needed,once a week he needed an injection so he found a local clinic they have them in the smaller places show your passport or EMC and they treat you for a few euro,s.
    If you fall ill in Spain Benidorm has one of the best hospitals,they are use to treating ex pats.
    My partner and I are over 60 so that does make a difference I think there is a border agreement.
    At the moment I am looking at bank,s they seem to offer a good deal and cover for existing conditions if you have a bank account were you pay a monthly fee.

France is not to far to get home as we live 9miles from Dover and I can drive van.The only thing at the moment is he is on the MYELOMA X1 TRIAL.They want there blood every three weeks,plus 24 hours of urine .So only going away for 2 weeks at a time.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Travel Holidays And France’ is closed to new replies.