Travel insurance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sixpence 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sixpence
    Participant

I have just been diagnosed with MGUS and referred for a routine appointment at haematology. I have no other information except 1gG kappa paraprotein. I have a very special holiday booked. How will MGUS affect my travel insurance? I assume I need to declare it though I have nothing in writing just a phone call from diagnostic centre.

mariposa
    Participant

Hi I have Mgus and I got travel insurance with the co-op no problem. (If you get a co-op card you get a reduced price).
    I was diagnosed in October last year. At first I was so worried, I have been having tests every three to four months. Now I don’t really think about it.
    I hope you are doing OK and you enjoy your special holiday. We’ve been to Lanzarote 3 times and are going again in November and again in January as we have a villa in Playa Blanca.
    Wherever you are off to, don’t worry and have a great time.
    Best wishes x

sixpence
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to reply and providing me with useful information.I will contact some travel insurance companies next week. It’s good to know travel 8nsurance is possible especially as my daughter lives in Spain.

I am still feeling a bit shocked by the diagnosis which was given by phone and I keep wondering whether it’s all real as I have nothing in writing nor have I spoken face to face with anyone about it.

I hope you continue to enjoy many happy holidays at your villa and have a good holiday in November.

Good wishes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.