Update on Ian

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Just to let you know that Ian got home from hospital today after contracting an infection after his SCT. The doctor doesn’t know the source of the infection but thankfully it has gone.

He ate a good portion of homemade lasagne and he is feeling much better. We may get out for a walk tomorrow.

Thank you all for your support.

Maureen

Vicki
    Participant

Maureen

So very pleased to hear that. Hope Ian continues to make a good and full recovery and remission.

I am so worried about Colin. He has been in hospital since last Friday. He has had the melphalan but it’s knocked his bone marrow. Despite gcsfs he’s still showing an immune system of 0.00. Worse than that he has a temperature of 38.1 and has a blinding headache and a head that is very sore. They don’t know what the issue is but he has had this bad head for days. He’s very poorly today and I am very very worried. With no immunity he’s totaly reliant on the antibiotics and is on his third sort.

No consultant today so hopefully we will know a bit more tomorrow

Best to you both

Vicki and Colin x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Vicki

What a worrying time for you both but I’m sure the doctors will find the right antibiotics and Colin will recover and be home soon.

Ian’s temperature spikes were 39.7 and neutrophils were below 1, so I know how worried you are.

Have you asked the consultant why Colin was not considered for 2nd SCT as he had no treatment whilst he was in remission so can’t understand how his bone marrow was in a bad way. I try to learn all I can and ask questions.

Look after yourself, and hope Colin is home soon. Did you get to the wedding?

Maureen x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Update on Ian’ is closed to new replies.