Update on my Mum

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jills
    Participant

Hi all,

Just thought it might be useful to give an update on my Mum's treatment. She is 83, diagnosed when 79 and had CTD, followed by two years of maintenance on just low dose cyclophosphamide, then after starting to relapse earlier this year had 4 cycles of subcutaneous Velcade/dex. which reduced her levels to a plateau after two cycles. This finished in July but unfortunately at her follow up last week the levels of PP have started to rise again (from 14 to 24) so she is going to need further treatment in the new year which will probably be Revlimid.
    I asked her consultant whether he would have expected a longer plateau from Velcade and interestingly he said that in his experience it works while you are having the treatment, but levels of PP start to rise again soon after stopping in some people. Makes you wonder why they didn't just go straight for Revlimid particularly as that would have avoided the weekly trips to the hospital for Velcade which were very wearing for both her and me!
    Oh well – on we go I guess….
    Love to all,

Jill

tom
    Participant

Hi Jill and Mum
    I hope the new treatment for your Mum works, I am not sure why they stop treatment ? when its known to cause problems??

Good Luck to you and your Mum in the road to remission.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Update on my Mum’ is closed to new replies.