vcd onto rcd

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FOXLEY 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

raulston
    Participant

Hi my name is Clair and my Dad has mm

He was rushed into hosp halloween night and by the next afternoon we knew he had myeloma. This horrible diesase had attack his spine and he had 4 crushes in his spine due 2 this L2 and 4 – T11 and 13. We had a fight on our hands straight away doctors told us basically next 24 hrs or he wouldn't make the wkend well we got threw this and he is still here to fight the fight his pp was 90 which still really means nothing to me. He came home December on vdc and learning to walk again ect which at this point i must actually say thankyou to many of you out here because just reading this decussion board helps so much we went through 3 and half weeks of conpaction he was constitpated so bad but we got so much info it so helps anyways many thanks. We get all settled in our routine and each day i see great improvement in my dad .

Well we are starting session 6 and they say velcade not working to well i did actaully thick velcade was a wonder drug very scarey his pp is still 72 so they are still talking about sct but hey does anyone no wot level your pp has 2 be down 2 before they do this.

I am a little worried now that we gonna go threw all the diaorear and constinpation again and the pills they was goin down will they go back up or stay as they are just with the 1 aday extra ?

Very comfussing and scarey times again

many thanks if you can help x

Eva
    Participant

Dear Clair,
    There are other drugs and even more concentrated treatments such as VD-Pace if things don't work out at first. Feel free to call Ellen the myeloma nurse on this website – she's excellent.

Very best to you and Dad,
    Eva

FOXLEY
    Participant

Hi Clair,
    So sorry to hear about your dad. Yes, on top of the wretched myeloma the treatment has all those horrible side effects. I had two crushed vertebrae and that combined with constipation did not make for a comfortable time. There are some pretty strong drugs that can help with the constipation. I got so desperate that I had enemas and a drug that can be carcinogenic. When I queried this the consultant said ' well you have cancer anyway!'
    I eventually got things under control by eating plenty of dried fruit and stewed prunes.
    Give my best wishes to your dad.
    Chris

raulston
    Participant

thankyou eva and foxley for your replies …… this does mean alot

its quite alot 2 take in and of course we have gd and bad days im sure the answer is just nt to give up the fight …..

foxley u r 100% on point with the uncomfortable times im hoping we dnt go through that again now they have changed his treatment we havent got to go through all that again coz its very hard 2 c someone u love so much pain and b so uncomfortable

and eva i will defo give ellen a call and ill also read up on the other treatment u said about its good 2 hear the are more treatments coz that actually was worrying me 2

and ways thank again
    clair xxx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘vcd onto rcd’ is closed to new replies.