Very worried

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Emma
    Participant

Hi all,

We met with mum's Dr and the orthopedic surgeon. Basically the decision is that mum will remain in hospital for at least 4 months to get rid of the blood clots before any operation. She will remain on chemo during that time and will be monitored closely. The surgeon has said she can get up and mobilise using either a wheelchair, zimmer or possibly crutches. This was a positive thing to hear and gives mum something to focus on over the course of the 4 months, physio and getting herself up and getting some mobility and independence back. It's the simple things you take for granted like nipping to the loo and getting a wash/shower etc in the privacy of a bathroom.

There was the option of an operation now if mum wanted it, however this came with significant risks at this stage. On hearing the surgeons views that mum should be able to mobilise (with her pain being controlled) and that waiting 4 months will not be an issue in respect of the operation, mum agreed she felt more comfortable knowing the blood clots would be sorted 1st and she will hopefully be in a better position for surgery then. Of course this will all be reviewed in 4 months and things may change, but at the moment that's where we are at and we can only take one day at a time.

Bad time of year for this to happen, but when would there ever be a good time for something like this? At least mum's Dr told us the chemo is causing the blood clots (something I already knew but was struggling to get the Dr's to accept). We know at least for now she is in the right place, she is being monitored, her pain is under control and she is staying on the chemo to tackle this bloody awful MM. The Dr's get to travel to her rather than her having to go to appointments and sit in waiting rooms and outside pharmacies for lengthy periods! Hopefully she will see good results from that and it will spur her on and keep her strong.

Thank you for all your advice and support over the last few days, it certainly has helped me vent my worries.

Emma.xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Emma

Glad to hear that a pathway has been decided for your Mum, and that, although not the brightest news to be in hospital for four months, at least she will be in the "safe" place.

Do hope the chemo does its magic during this time of waiting.

Lots of love to all the family.

Mavis x

tom
    Participant

Hi Emma and Mum

Well I bet your all pleased that a plan has been hatched and that your Mum is Happy with it 😀

Its Going to be a hard slog for you to go and visit at Hospital so Emma you take care of your self while your Mum is in hospital and getting constant help sit back and breath 😎

Just Make sure your Mum does not get too comfy at Hospital ha ha.

Love to you Both
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Very worried’ is closed to new replies.