Visit to London

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eve 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

My daughter's civil ceremony went well. She was stunning and I got very emotional. They had a poem read out called Love and I cried as the words were beautiful. Missed Ian very much being with me. Had a real hangover next day, too much champagne and it was a free bar.

I was glad of a break and treated it like a little holday. Missed the tennis as we were travelling home on the train and the wifi blocked. Recorded it and am still watching it. What a result, well done Andy. Hope he brings the trophy to Dunblane.

Maureen x

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Good for you needed that break,and you new Ian was being looked after,that break did more good I should imagine than a week in bed,mind you I would settle for I good nights sleep,at the situation,when I am to tired to move,Slim is awake through the night, hoping things will improve.

Ian has become institutionalised ,after so long in the hospital,you will have to start him home gradually,may be bring him home for a day,and increase it slowly. The hospital know this,so I am sure they will take it on board,

Now what about you!!!,are you going to carry on working!!!,are you getting everything in place!!!,if I was you I would get a cleaner for a few hours,plus start cooking meals you can freeze,as the hardest part will be at the beginning,until you have routine,make your life as easy as possible.

I know how much you want Ian out of hospital,but Ian will be worried about how you both will cope,if you have any doubts voice them,there are ways and means around everything,do not bottle it up.
    I do a lot for Slim,and at times I found it exhausting,frustrating,plus the world moves on and some how you just do not move with it,I try to take Slim out everyday,once he is out he enjoys it,but its hard work,so look after your own health.Love Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

I am so glad you had such a good day, the 'free bar' and copious amounts of champagne notwithstandinding. 😀

Do you have a copy of the poem 'Love'? I wrote one for mine and Janet's Wedding which I also read out at my step-daughter's Wedding by request… it is called 'You Are My Bower'.

[b]You Are My Bower[/b]

You are my bower, my summerhouse laden with favourite flowers
    Scented and lovely – pastels and bright blazes, all petals and peace
    When the sun is high, fierce and unforgiving and beating on my brow
    It is to you I turn for shade and shelter, for cooling comfort and repose

At the tide of autumn, you are my harvest home, my house of leaves
    Russet and golden, supple boughs bending to offer fruits and fragrance
    When the sun is setting and the owl's light brings in the chill of evening
    It is to you I turn for wine and the lingering rose of my Indian summer

When winter comes howling, you are my hearthstone, my home, my harbour
    Drawn together, wrapped in Yuletide contentment and cozy consolation
    When the sun sleeps or skims the surface, fooling neither bud nor blossom
    It is to you that I turn for inspiration, spurning fears and easy hibernation

And when times springs the eternal promise, all shyness and birdsong
    Youthful and dancing, radiant and racing, blood rushed and star rising
    When the sun seeps into my heart and bones and sends me leaping and fervent
    It is to you that I turn for smiles and approval and signs of loving confirmation

Equinox and solstice twinned, seasoned summers, autumns, winters and springs
    All may come and pass our way, revolving around this, our hallowed world
    So whether the sun is high, setting, sleeping or seeping, this I know full and well
    It is to you that I turn to share my love and love you now I do and always will.

[b]Dai.[/b]

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Your post also reminded me of another poem… based on perhaps one of the saddest events of my lifetime and set in Dunblane.

[quote]She's modest as any, she's blythe and she's bonny
    And guiless simplicity marks her its own
    There'll ne'er be a villain divested of feeling
    Who'd blight in it's blossom, the Flower of Dunblane.

[i][b] Jessie: The Flower of Dunblane – Maver's Genuine Scottish Melodies [/i][/b] [/quote]

[b]The Flowers of Dunblane[/b]

But he came – this villain divested of feeling
    And he blighted in blossom the Flowers of Dunblane
    Small green buds in the hands of a grim reaper
    And he scythed them down without pause for pity
    In a safe haven built for sincere and gentle tumbling

The wide world's compassion cannot reach
    To teach them that this is not the way of humanity
    Wretched as we may seem, outside of familiar circles
    Bogey Men and soft voiced, sweet bearing molesters
    Preying in the shades and outskirts of sanctuaries

And I cannot kneel down even at an arms length
    To hold hands and promise a world of gentle nurture
    To show that a stranger's face can be worthy of trusting
    Because I dare not and I cannot and I know in truth
    I would be first to tell them so, from an adult safe distance

Because he came, that indurate villain divested of feeling
    The exception to every rule, that damns us all forever
    He had a licence for his scythe and a callus for a heart
    With his feelings locked tighter than his trigger finger
    While he blighted in blossom the Flowers of Dunblane

[b]Dai.[/b]

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eve

I will give up work when Ian comes home. We will have 2 carers come in 4 times a day. I do not know if Ian will be ale to transfer to our car so that's a question I have to ask. He is also incontinent although he is beginning to get feelings back again, another question.

I haven't done anything to the house yet as I was advised to wait for social services. Physio's are going to chase them up.

I will have more time as at the moment I am working and travelling back and forward to hospital. I can't do it twice a day all the time as I am totally exhausted.

Hope things look up for Slim.

Love Maureen x

bandityoga
    Participant

Dai

What a lovely poem. Have you had anything published?

My daughter is on honeymoon in the Amalphi Coast for 2 weeks. i will ask for a copy of the poem Love which was read at their ceremony.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Dai

This was a very sad day for Dunblane. Did you write this poem?

Maureen

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Yes, it is one of mine… written on the day of the first funerals.

Andy and Jamie Murray would have been at school that day… about 8 and 7 ish, so in a higher class. They never seem to mention the massacre of their younger schoolmates other than occasional references to 'that day'… but it must always be there somewhere, in the backs of their minds… buried deep and perhaps that is the only way they can cope with it… mind you, it is the same with the media and the UK population as a whole… buried deep… in company with Hungerford and other gun related massacres… events beyond our normal understanding. 🙁

Anyway…

Best wishes

Dai.

BADGER
    Participant

Beautiful as ever Dia
    love jo

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Eve

did you manage to hire a scooter for slim did he use it and more to the point did he like it
    Love jo

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo

I just hired it for Saturday and Sunday,which was enough,went out twice on Saturday,just to the path by the sea,was only fit enough on Sunday to go out the once,he said it was good to get out,but said he will be on his feet in no time.

Just to prove a point Monday walked about 15 yards,then on Tuesday he doubled that,by tea time his leg was swollen and lots of blood spots under skin,took him to doctors,ended up in A&E until 2am.back at hospital today,for scan,plus now you have to go to another clinic app 12 and 12.30 !!!!! 1. 25.still waiting for second appointment ,gave in took Slim home!!!!!

To cut a long stry short,Slim has a history of DVT now artery blood clots,but I think the blood under the skin,was because his platelets are 57,the strain on leg after operation then walking caused platelets to rise in the leg.

Another day gone,I think the hot weather is causing lots of problems with elderly people,they were packing them in,on the holding ward,so the wards must be full.

So glad to be out of that place,love Eve

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Isn,t Ian your toy boy:-) if he is under 65 he should be eligible for a car,under the independent living allowance,,I do not know much about it,but there are lots of people on her who can help you !!!

Maureen I think you have to make the most of the time you have left with Ian ,lets hope the Myeloma stays under control,and you both adjust to a different life style,it might be different,but you will find what ever time there is,is very special,even the bad bits when they are grumpy old men.

I know there is someone on here who had a compressed spine,and he has learnt to walk again,although I think he was warned he might never walk again I do not want to build your hopes up,but it,s not the end of the world,life will be just different

So glad you had a good time in London,and Dai must be feeling better lovely poetry. Love Eve

eve
    Participant

Hi Dai

I was watching an interview with Andy Murry,it seems his class were getting ready to go into the gym,when a teacher heard all the noise and went over to see what was going on.He was outside in the play ground.He did say he is able to talk about it,but his younger brother never talks about it????

He did say he wanted his win,to put a positive side to Dunblane.

You are right Dai,about shootings going on,I suppose until it,s on your doorstep the magnitude of the whole thing has no effect on the rest of Britain.its a sad sign of the times we live in. Eve

BADGER
    Participant

hi Eve

what a stubbon B****gger but I suppose thats what makes him what he is do you think he will try the scooter again he might just
    Love Jo x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Visit to London’ is closed to new replies.