Vtd treatment.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  greg777 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dawn
    Participant

Hi,
    My name is Dawn and I am 55 years old and I was diagnosed with Myeloma a week ago.
    The treatment I am starting next week is called VTD and I am petrified of what is going to happen as I am not a very strong person and I keep crying all the time wondering what is going to happen to me.
    Is there anyone that has had this treatment and how have they felt
    Thanks so much.

greg777
    Participant

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the site, although very sorry that you had to find it. I hope you find the site useful in helping you build knowledge and feeling less alone.

I had VCD as treatment, so can help with the V and D aspects. I tolerated Velcade pretty well – it was done via a quick injection – I didn’t have any side effects although I think some have experienced peripheral neuropathy which I think can be difficult. With Dexamethasone, the worst I experienced was sleep interruption and heightened emotions. They were both manageable and to be honest with the latter I think those around you will notice it more than you probably will yourself. I didn’t have thalidomide because I presented with a large blood clot, and so I wasn’t allowed it as I think thalidomide can cause blood clots.

Overall, though, I would say that I found treatment to be much less scary than I was expecting. I worked full-time through pretty much all my treatment, and I found the nurses/doctors at the hospital incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and caring. I am sure you will find the same.

There is no way getting around how much of a shock an MM diagnosis is, and it may take a long time to get your head around things, but please take some comfort from the fact you are not alone, there are loads of wonderful people on here experiencing similar things to you and who are ready and waiting to help in whatever way they can.

Wishing you all the very best

Greg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Vtd treatment.’ is closed to new replies.