Website trouble shooting / getting help

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  roncantrill 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks

I’ve been made aware that a few people are having problem with the forum so I’m going to make this a permanent post that anyone having problem can reply to.

If you are having problems please provide as much information as you can in the post. Useful information would include:

1) What device you are using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android phone etc)
    2) What web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari) and what version if you know. The version is only really important for Internet Explorer. You can find this in IE from the Help menu, then About
    3) A description of your problem

The first step you should try is to reload the forum.
    On Windows you can do this by holding down CTRL and pressing the F5 button.
    On a Mac it’s Shift + Command + R.

On an iPad you need to quit to the home screen (press the button on the iPad), go into Settings -> Safari -> Advanced ->Website Data -> Edit (top right) -> Click on the red dot next to http://www.myeloma.org.uk -> Delete. Go back to the website and press the reload button next to the website address.

Once you have done this you will need to sign in again. Make sure the “Remember me” box is ticked.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you are still having problems, that’s what I’m here for!

Regards
    Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

• This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  webteam.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  webteam.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  pipmcfadden.

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

This is my test post from my blackberry.

Thanks,
    Megan

Helen
    Participant

Hi Stuart
    The photos I posted a couple of weeks ago will not let me edit or remove or resize them….. So it looks like an idiotic post… Can you fix it please?
    Helen

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by  Helen.

Izzie
    Participant

Hi – forgive my ignorance – but I am no computer whizz kid – viewed as a necessary evil – possibly because they do-not do what I want them too. Trying to send a private message – just keeps telling me that an error as occurred – am I doing something wrong. I have put on the user name – but no topic. Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Izzie

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Izzie

I’ve just tried to sent a test message to myself without a subject and it gave me the same error. It looks like you need to put something in the subject line.

Hope that helps
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Helen
    I’m not sure why the photograph thumbnails are such an odd shape, I’ll have a look into it. This only seems to be happening on the iPad. Very strange.

Regards
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Helen
    I’ve edit the photos on your post and changed the way photos are displayed on the site in general so they are a bit more compact. You may have to refresh your browser to see the new version.

http://www.myeloma.org.uk/forums/topic/hair-re-growth-after-sct/#post-114118

Regards
    Stuart

coasti
    Participant

Hi webTeam,

Any chance you could add tapatalk support for access from mobiles & tablets ?

thanks

Laura

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Laura
    We don’t have any plans to support tapatalk at the moment. Our web team is very small and I’m afraid we don’t have the resources to support lots of different methods of accessing the forum at the moment. I’ll add it to the list of possible future enhancements though.

Regards
    Stuart

roncantrill
    Participant

Hi Laura,
    I haven’t been here for some time as my wife has been in remission for 5 years and we have been otherwise distracted with other problems. I am now trying to find any topics specifically discussing Shingles and it seems that the search system specifically targets posts rather than topics. This makes it necessary to scan laboriously through umpteen pages of unrelated topics at only 15 per page.
    Is it not possible to target the search to topic texts and also, by reducing the space allocated to individual topics to one line of title, date and originator which could make the search much quicker.

Regards,

Ron.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Website trouble shooting / getting help’ is closed to new replies.