Whacked out days

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  capeltor 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jeff605
    Participant

Hi, just wondering, I get very tired after any gentle activity lasting more than an hour or so, and have to rest which usually means a sleep ! Not really a problem, just have pace myself. What has happened on a few occasions, is I wake up tired and weak, and end up spending up to a total of 7 or 8 hours of the day sleeping, then come round about 5 oclock and feel ok. Usually the next day I am fine. Does anyone else suffer from this, is it just another side effect? I am on Dex and Revlimid. I did mention it to a consultant with no response to speak of. Only real problem is not knowing when it’s going to happen which can cause difficulties planning things. Jeff

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Jeffrey

My colin is the same. He will sleep for England and then will perk up about 9 at night when I am whacked!!. I think tiredness is a standard of this condition plus the side effects of the meds.

Wishing you well

Vicki

Helen
    Participant

Dear Jeffrey
    Yes I found unpredictable duvet days are are the order of the day, can’t do anything about them..just sleep!
    Love Helen

andyg
    Participant

Hi all.

I can relate to the tiredness sometimes I struggle to get out of the bed. My best part of the day for doing things is before 2pm after that I just can’t be bothered! Sometimes have a nap in front of the TV at teatime but fortunately I’ve never needed to have a proper sleep in bed or a duvet day yet.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

capeltor
    Participant

Hi

My husband recently died, having battled with myeloma for three and a half years. Though I never registered during that time the forum gave me lots of information and support and now I am wondering if his experience might help you Jeffrey.  He became incredibly tired at times and could do nothing more than swap bed for lying on the couch during the day. It was then discovered that he had steroid induced diabetes and once this was brought under control with medication he returned to his “normal” self.

jeff605
    Participant

Hi Capeltor, thank you for taking the trouble to reply, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. What you say is very interesting,I have noticed of late that I seem to be drinking more than previously, which is another sign of possible diabetes I have been told.I shall call in at Lloyds Chemists and get myself checked. Steroid induced diabetes is a new one to me and I am sure to others on the site, so thanks again for the information Best wishes, Jeff

capeltor
    Participant

Hi Jeffrey

That seems a good idea. My husband’s diabetes fluctuated with his cycle of steroids.  Before he was diagnosed he became more and more tired (almost coma like) as the dex cycle progressed and then energy levels gradually improved once he stopped them.  Once diagnosed we kept a close eye on his blood sugars and he only needed diabetes medication whilst on steroids. Good luck and let me  know how you get on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whacked out days’ is closed to new replies.