What a fourth myeloma anniversary

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.

As some of you may be aware I’ve been not very well lately – well seriously ill actually. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and got sepsis as well. They sedated me and pumped me full of every antibiotic they could lay their hands on fortunately they got me through it. I just need to learn how to walk again and I’ll be back to “normal ” I feel ok at the moment and very lucky. I do tire easily at the moment so find texting and posting hard work.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

susie
    Participant

Hello Andy

How lovely to have you back with us. I know how ill you have been, so give yourself time and your strength will improve.

I have always remembered the help and advice you gave me at the start of my MM journey.

Love and Best Wishes

susie

jeff605
    Participant

Hallo Andy, sorry to hear about your experiences, no doubt you met them with your usual resilience. Very pleased to hear of your recovery, I hope it’s not too slow, I know only too well the frustration continued tiredness brings with it.
    Just keep taking it one day at a time, and as you say, each one we get through is a gift Best wishes,Jeff

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Andy, it’s good to know that you’re over the worse, what a time you’ve had, I know it’ll take time to get back to pre pneumonia so take easy, im just nursing kev after 5 weeks in hospital SCT and numerous infections! But been home a week now and taking it easy. I will certainly give kev the good news that you’re doing ok take care Andy keep well!

Love Liz & kev xx

jills
    Participant

Hi Andy,

So pleased to hear you are on the mend, we have all been worrying about you.

Please take it easy and get well soon, there are lots more of those gift days for you to open.

Love, Jillxx

tonyf
    Participant

Welcome back Andy, you’ve certainly been through the mill, did not realise how seriously ill you really were.
    Hope you continue to improve, take it one day at a time, you will get there.
    Thinking of you, best of luck.
    Tony F

HelenR
    Participant

Great to hear from you Andy! Your vigilance paid off, and sheer willpower and determination (and great doctors it sounds like).
    No need to reply but I hope the walking is progressing well and wanted to say hello (been wide awake on Dex all night so back on the myeloma sites catching up!)
    Every day is indeed a gift, so enjoy today and here’s wishing you many many more,
    Helen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What a fourth myeloma anniversary’ is closed to new replies.