WHAT TO DO NOW…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nicola2708
    Participant

Good afternoon guys

Id like to thank all off you for your kind words and prayers. We buried Dad on the 23rd of march, It was a beautiful day, the sun shone bright just how he liked it. The landlord from dads local gave him a fabulous wake, my dad was a very lucky man or should i say we were very lucky to have dad in our lifes. Over 300 people turned up to church it was amazing too see what a loved man he was. Im told by dads closes friends the wake went on late in to the night with singing lots of tributes to my dad as well. Moving on how ever as some off you on here no is not easy, In fact i feel so cheated that we lost him so soon, i miss him so much, which in a way is selfish because he no longer is suffering. We asked for donations to Myleoma Uk, and over the next few months im going to start doing some fund raising, my dads wish was for a cure to be found to help others, so the best i can do is help raise some money for that. Again thank you, you are all amazing people and i will be staying on here to keep in touch xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Nicola
    Thank you for your kind words on the passing of my brother. I am so sorry that your dad has passed away. It sounds as if he was a very well loved and respected man. You will have great memories of him and it is good to know how much he was loved by others. I wish you the very best of luck with your find raising. My best wishes to you and your family.
    Take care
    Love Jean xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Nicola

I am pleased that your dad had a great send off, over 300 folk now that a big gathering as you say your Dad was a great man and having 300 plus at the wake is a tribute to your Dad.
    Keep strong and Good luck with your Fundraising
    And Its Ok to carry on through the nite 😀

Love Tom xxxx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Nicola
    That's a fantastic send off for your dad, you must feel so proud that people thought so much about him, I hope that gives you a little bit of strength to cope with the tearful times.
    Thinking of you
    Love Helen

brocho
    Participant

Hi Nicola lovely to hear from you Wow what a wonderful turnout for your dad you must have felt so proud of him. When I was very young I was scandalised at people smiling and laughing after a funeral its only as I got older I realised its such a necessary part of the grief process Those laughs and stories told at your dads wake are more precious memories for you. I hope wherever he is your dad was looking down and smiling too Best of luck with your fundraising and a big thankyou for doing it Keep in touch Lots of love Bridget x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WHAT TO DO NOW…’ is closed to new replies.