Where to from here – bone marrow has significant infection.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

englishtaff
    Participant

I was diagnosed Oct 16 with MM & chronic kidney failure. I have recently been informed that my bone marrow is significantly infected.

Stem cell transplant is not an option, what option are there, i didn’t respond to VDT.

tmcintyre
    Participant

Hello,

My husbands bone marrow showed 50% Myeloma cells after 5 cycles of VTD (although he dropped the Thalidomide due to Neuropathy after 3 cycles).  He has just completed 2 cycles of Cyclophosamide + Dex and the latest biopsy is still showing abnormal cells.  The plan now is 3 cycles of Revlimid, Dex and a new drug called ixazomib. Even if he can have the SCT after this his consultant said the long term plan is to keep him on Revlimid.

Other people will tell you about their experiences. Hopefully you’ll get a plan put in place for you soon.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi

Just wanted to say it isn’t the end if you aren’t able to have a SCT. It is nearly 7 years since I was diagnosed. I had CDT and the went into resession. My paraprotein is now gradually rising, but it is good for me to know there are so many new drugs on the market now. Options are improving all the time.
    I have a monthly Zometa infusion for my bones and for me it is a miracle drug.

Do hope things go well for you.

Regards.

Mavis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Where to from here – bone marrow has significant infection.’ is closed to new replies.