Zometa withdrawal symptoms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  taffd 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

crawf
    Participant

I have just gone from 4 weekly infusions of Zometa to 3 monthly following a SCT in February 2016. I had my last one in January and am due my next in april. The last couple of weeks i have felt on edge and very “weepy”. Im wondering if its the change in frequency of the Zometa as I can’t think of anything else.Has anyone had anything similar happen.

taffd
    Participant

Hi crawf,

I’ve been on monthly pamidronate rather than zometa, finished chemo Feb 2016. I’ve never thought I had any effects from it.

While on chemo, CTD, I used to have moments of weepiness that lasted seconds, for no apparent reason, so I assumed they were med-related.

I’ve had these occasional moments from time to time since stopping chemo though, so they’re probably a lasting side-effect. I was prompted to answer your post as I’ve just had one – eyes teared up, could have cried, but no reason for it. Gone now.

I’m lucky, depending on one’s perspective, that I’m obliged to live in the moment, due to loss of memory, long and short term, long term anti-depressants and mild cognitive impairment. It’s very freeing, although I suppose there’s a downside in the inability to think, plan, concentrate and lack of awareness. These negative affects don’t feel negative though.

It’s difficult to explain – it sounds like I’ve got some sort of dementia when I say it, yet I’m articulate apart from forgetting words now and then. What happens is, my responses are reactive, as I’ve no capacity for abstract thought. You’ll note that I’ve slightly gone of the focus of your post because what I’ve written is just what’s come into my head, prompted first by your post and then by what I’m writing, as I write. Before I wrote all this, I had no idea of what I’d actually write and, although it seems that I’ve changed the focus to me, it’s actually meant to show people effects that can occur. I think.

Best Regards

Roy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Zometa withdrawal symptoms’ is closed to new replies.